Post-Game Talk: FRI JAN 16 WASHINGTON NASHVILLE 8:00 PM - The Forsberg/Latta Show

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
wow, thought we had the game, but last 5 min was brutal. haven't seen the Carlson penalty, but you gotta stay out of the box that late in the game and then Niskanen... their D > our D :-(

OVs Gold Chain*

We were not composed at all in the final 5 minutes

Noticed that too. The penalty sent the whole team into panic mode and the crowd fed off it, momentum can be a *****. Good game by most of the team overall but brutal turnover there at the end.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Not on a play like that. If he stayed down Neal would've just kept going and slipped it in around him, and then you'd be *****ing about Holtby letting the guy get around him. No one in their right mind blames the goalie for giving one up in that situation, especially against a guy like Neal.

You do realize they were still on the right side of the ice and in close.

You drop your goal stick, then stretch out, Holtby just left the 5 hole open.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Expect a losing streak to start. I saw 3 absolutely stupid stupid stupid plays by the Caps that led to that goal.
1. Kuznetsov, who has never met a simple play he liked, turning the puck back into our zone instead of pushing it up ice
2. Brouwer, instead of tapping it back to a teammate, tries to control the puck behind his back
3. Steady Eddy Niskanen, instead of passing it behind the net, makes a stupid pass with a guy right on him.

Ugh.

OVs Gold Chain*

wow, thought we had the game, but last 5 min was brutal. haven't seen the Carlson penalty, but you gotta stay out of the box that late in the game and then Niskanen... their D > our D :-(

I mean he did trip the guy. May not have meant to but the forward chipped it in and went to skate around him, Carlson was beat so he tried to make some contact by sticking his leg out.

Oh well. As they say these road losses have a way of pulling the team together, good time to get Peters in and give Holtby a nice break

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Gotta give them credit for fighting back from 2-0. Wouldn't have seen that from last years Caps. And Holtby is still playing well. I just wish our rookies (Bura, Kuz and Wilson) would get it into gear.

Indeed and I didn't have that sick feeling being down by two like in the past few years :).

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
2 losses in regulation since Dec and this board blows up?

Crappy way to lose but my god people

I usually avoid this board because of some ridiculous overreactions, but I can't really fault people for wanting that one against the top team in the league.

Cheap penalty for the GTG, but I saw an evenly (and confusingly) officiated game for the most part. You want to get out of that sort of game with a win or at *least* a point. Especially with the Pens and Rangers losing. If they have an anti Honest Abe award, Niskanen should get it.

Rough. On to the next one.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Props to the Perds. They pushed the pace and that's a must if you want to force mistakes. Though the Caps did manage to reel it in a bit for a while, they readily obliged.

Still don't trust this team's possession game and the board play of the second line sucks.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Tough loss, but I liked the game. Shake it off and focus on Dallas. Kuzy is going to break out soon. Btw, Congrats Alexbro!

I see no evidence that Kuz is going to "break out". People have been saying that for weeks. He has some skill but he can be as dangerous to the Caps as to the other team. Needs to mature and make the simple play sometimes.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
You do realize they were still on the right side of the ice and in close.

You drop your goal stick, then stretch out, Holtby just left the 5 hole open.

100 percent Niskanen's fought...but crap happens and sometimes teams lose. Anybody knows Holtby was not at fought....we need to clean up our own end with stupid passes lately.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Two of our top D choked that one away. Now we see what kind of team this is. Let the coach down in the last five of an emotional game and have to play tomorrow. In the past, this team crumbles. Hopefully they rally tomorrow.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
My complaint wasn't the ones they called on us, it was the ones they didn't call on NSH. Kuzya getting smacked in face with stick, kuzya getting hacked down along the boards in the O-zone.

Too bad ovie didnt convert the 3-on-1. Would have iced the win.

Horrible play by Brouwer along the boards, not protecting it or making sure to move it forward. And yeah, kuzya turning back into our zone. Just overall lack of composure and discipline. Haven't seen it much this year, fortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad