Free Agents and Trade Thread - Offseason on Hold Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
CJ was on the SDP again.

- Says he's unsure whether the Leafs will even qualify him. It seems both sides are comfortable with moving on. Said the Leafs were pretty clear that when the AHL season was cancelled, that they were only going to do exit interviews with the players that for sure wouldn't be joining the NHL team/taxi squad for a re-start, and that Bracco was one of the first they did.

Man, held onto that stock too long. Should have sold after last season.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
The only thing that scares me about Andersen is he is a notoriously slow starter and we can’t afford that when these playoffs start.

If he struggles the first game we have a hard decision to make

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
I have a difficult time telling whether these are troll posts, or if some posters are that disconnected. No doubt Andersen hasn’t had his best year, but there has been times he’s kept them in many games during his tenure.
Absolutely not a troll,just a caring Leaf fan who knows (without a doubt) that our starting goalie is not nearly good enough.:(
Honestly did he ever have a good year?:sarcasm:

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Absolutely not a troll,just a caring Leaf fan who knows (without a doubt) that our starting goalie is not nearly good enough.:(
Honestly did he ever have a good year?:sarcasm:
He was top 10 in Vezina voting the past 2 years (4th in 2017-18 and 10th in 2018-19). So yes.

And if you watched the games over the past few years I wouldnt have to tell you how good he's been.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
He has always let us down at so many crucial times in so many games.
He was one of our most important players and one of the better goalies in the league for 3 years. He had one of the best GSAA and GSAA/60 in the league, behind one of the worst defenses. He was absolute garbage despite better defense this year, but he has earned time to try and get himself back to normal.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He was one of our most important players and one of the better goalies in the league for 3 years. He had one of the best GSAA and GSAA/60 in the league, behind one of the worst defenses. He was absolute garbage despite better defense this year, but he has earned time to try and get himself back to normal.

I'd still be pretty reticent about giving him a new contract after next year, UFA money to 30+ year old goaltenders gives me the heeby jeebys

Next year then it's time to explore other options

Reactions: Menzinger

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The only thing that scares me about Andersen is he is a notoriously slow starter and we can’t afford that when these playoffs start.

very reasonable take and unfortunately a realistic possibility

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I'd still be pretty reticent about giving him a new contract after next year, UFA money to 30+ year old goaltenders gives me the heeby jeebys

Next year then it's time to explore other options
Agreed. I think we should look at other options as well for after next year, especially if Andersen wants a raise, but we shouldn't take away from what Andersen has done for this team just because he was bad this year.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Agreed. I think we should look at other options as well for after next year, especially if Andersen wants a raise, but we shouldn't take away from what Andersen has done for this team just because he was bad this year.

The most inconstant consistent goaltender I've ever seen

How he was able to get around a 918sv% every season with his fluctuations month to month still astounds me

Reactions: hamzarocks

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007

Not really; you play Campbell. No issue with Andersen; but Campbell has been really good, and not a horrible option number 2. He put up some excellent numbers a couple of years ago in LA, and may end up being a quality number 1.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Keeps us in games only to blow later.
He's nowhere near those names listed, but if he blows this play-in round i'm with you on this take.

This should be his last chance to prove he can win this team a round. He hasn't even come close to that yet and you need your goalie to steal games in the playoffs. He hasn't been bad per se, but he hasn't been great either. If he can't get it done with a paper tiger like the Leafs then i'd explore trading him this summer before he's a UFA.

Reactions: Beaumaris and kb

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The most inconstant consistent goaltender I've ever seen

How he was able to get around a 918sv% every season with his fluctuations month to month still astounds me

When he's on, he is ON.

A dialed in Andersen would be a Conn Smythe contender on a Stanley Cup caliber team.

Unfortunately the issue is timing his hot streaks....and, you know....getting a Stanley Cup caliber team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad