GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Even Ben Gleason is getting paid for multiple years with Oilers. Great year to be a defenseman.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

IMG_2463.jpeg

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
First of all… when Pesce?

Second, if not Pesce, who else is available for trade? I believe Hanifin is. Is Tanev available or are people just assuming everyone on the Flames is available at this point? Anyone else available that is worthy of being paired with Miro?

Lastly, when Pesce?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Bayreuther , Pouliot and Petrovic . Strong AHL veteran blueline . Also re-signed Rosburg. We'll see how Kyrou , Grushnikov , White and Bichsel handle that. Assuming Gavin White will play alot of ECHL

Reactions: 506

Triple Ex El

Three sausage taquitos with cheese
Apr 29, 2013
DFW, TX
First of all… when Pesce?

Second, if not Pesce, who else is available for trade? I believe Hanifin is. Is Tanev available or are people just assuming everyone on the Flames is available at this point? Anyone else available that is worthy of being paired with Miro?

Lastly, when Pesce?

Saturday after Carolina completes the Tony D trade?

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Bayreuther , Pouliot and Petrovic . Strong AHL veteran blueline . Also re-signed Rosburg. We'll see how Kyrou , Grushnikov , White and Bichsel handle that. Assuming Gavin White will play alot of ECHL

Bayreuther spent most of his time in the NHL and just signed a one-way contract. He belongs in the AHL on this team, but there were plenty of guys they could have signed two-way for the AHL.

I think it's something to watch. It's not like Dallas has a problem carrying 8 D. They've done it often. They must have really wanted Bayreuther for Texas to pay him one-way if that is what ultimately happens.

It's an odd contract.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Can't assume we will have the same luck with health as last year. So fair to have some NHL level depth.

Assuming no more adds varying an in season trade this is the NHL group..

Miro
Lindell
Harley
Suter
Hakanpaa
Lundqvist

Hanley
Bayreuther

Could see Hanley and Bayreuther getting 25 games each

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I went to the prospect camp today. As for D, I was looking for something out of Grush and Kyrou among those said to be on the NHL track (someday). Nothing stood out. I saw Bertucci and Minnetian, with the latter making a few nice plays.

Reactions: 506

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Bayreuther spent most of his time in the NHL and just signed a one-way contract. He belongs in the AHL on this team, but there were plenty of guys they could have signed two-way for the AHL.

I think it's something to watch. It's not like Dallas has a problem carrying 8 D. They've done it often. They must have really wanted Bayreuther for Texas to pay him one-way if that is what ultimately happens.

It's an odd contract.

Hakanpää had knee surgery after the playoff run and may not be ready at the start of next season . I had forgotten about that but someone in the general trade forum reminded me. It's a cheap insurance policy. If Hakanpää is ready Bayreuther will be send down

Last season also was a massive aberation with how little injuries the team had. There's no way you can plan for that to happen again. Team was very incredibly lucky . Barely any regular skater missed time and every single one played ~70 games thats just unsual .

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yeah, I'm worried the hockey gods are going to realize the Stars were extremely lucky last season. For the skaters, there were no injuries of note. Wedgewood's long injury ended up being costly only because of how the team handled it, but overall, it was a rare kind of season where it's like someone went into the settings and turned off injuries.

Reactions: piqued

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB

Good to hear Pesce is still in play. Didn't know he had a NTC, that's good to hear as it likely lowers his value slightly and no one he puts Dallas on the not trade list.

Why Nashville though? Pesce seems like trade target for a team looking to win now and Nashville's moves this year and last don't indicate a win now mentality.

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
Actually this one could if they moved marchment and this is where it would be hard to do so.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Sharks like their Czechs. 3 teams, Faksa, something something Karlsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad