Motte - Brassard - White

Jones - Dumba
Holden - Bear
Edler - Benn
Harrington - Foote

Jones
Halak
Stalock

"Team" of players who are still unsigned UFAs.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I know we love our cap space and our prospects and all, but I kind of want Tarasenko on the team. We would finally have a 2nd line that doesn't suck resulting in two legit scoring lines and a good top 9.

Cat-Larkin-Raymond
Perron-Copp-Tank
Berggren-Compher-Sprong
Fabbri-Raz-Kostin
Fischer/Veleno if he signs

If kids pan out and light it up early, Fabbri, Veleno, etc become trade bait. I know, Fabbri will be a hard sell with his history of being gimpy. It's the off season. Dreaming is all we have for now. Any thoughts, Wings fans?

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I know we love our cap space and our prospects and all, but I kind of want Tarasenko on the team. We would finally have a 2nd line that doesn't suck resulting in two legit scoring lines and a good top 9.

Cat-Larkin-Raymond
Perron-Copp-Tank
Berggren-Compher-Sprong
Fabbri-Raz-Kostin
Fischer/Veleno if he signs

If kids pan out and light it up early, Fabbri, Veleno, etc become trade bait. I know, Fabbri will be a hard sell with his history of being gimpy. It's the off season. Dreaming is all we have for now. Any thoughts, Wings fans?
I would not mind if we signed Tarasenko at 5-5.50 million one year but would rather sign Dumba for two years at 4 AAV

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I would not mind if we signed Tarasenko at 5-5.50 million one year but would rather sign Dumba for two years at 4 AAV

If it's one year, the team can spend up to the cap and it won't matter. Assuming Joey signs for $1.1M, Stevie can offer him $7M. I mean why not? It's Chris' money.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I want to get rid of Fabbri before we get Tarasenko. Maybe we can find a new home for him and retain 50%

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I want to get rid of Fabbri before we get Tarasenko. Maybe we can find a new home for him and retain 50%
We just have to put Fabbri on good lines and on favourable positions, and then trade him. It will need one season to complete.

This team does not really need Tarasenko. The goalscorers are there already.

I would invest on Dumba, if he comes with a short deal. Or trade for Pesce.

Still hope for Karlsson but rumour mill doesn't sound like that anymore. Hope Carolina will get him so we can go after Pesce.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I certainly agree on moving him but would teams take him even with some retainment on salary. We might have to throw in a draft pick.

Adding assets to get rid of Fabbri would be a step in the wrong direction. $7M/1 year is more than what other teams are reported offering Tank. Plus he'll be on a decent top line to see if he can bump up his stats.

Only 6 teams have more cap space than the Wings, and half of them have RFAs they need to resign. If Tank wants more money, he can play for Arizona, Chicago, or Anaheim.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
If it's one year, the team can spend up to the cap and it won't matter. Assuming Joey signs for $1.1M, Stevie can offer him $7M. I mean why not? It's Chris' money.
because it sets precedence, not only for your team going forward with FA's coming in, but it also sets a league wide precedence.

I get the humor in that it's chris' money, so who cares. But the long-term ramifications would screw over the league, but moreso the wings in the future. Next time a FA with tarasenko's stature is just going to ask for the same and when we balk, the guy doesn't negotiate (assumptions made).

Plus, if you get him at 5-5.5, he can now be a tradeable asset at the deadline whether we are not where we need to be in order to compete, or to use as a trade chip to get better from a team that throws in the towel (HI KYLE CONNOR HOW ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU???)

I am more curious as to why he hasn't signed in OTT yet since the ottawa boards were just so confident that dorion pushed through the debrincat trade to secure tank.

Someone brought it up and I'll do it again, would be hilarious if we signed him now because that would just stick a fork in OTT for now.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
because it sets precedence, not only for your team going forward with FA's coming in, but it also sets a league wide precedence.

I get the humor in that it's chris' money, so who cares. But the long-term ramifications would screw over the league, but moreso the wings in the future. Next time a FA with tarasenko's stature is just going to ask for the same and when we balk, the guy doesn't negotiate (assumptions made).

Plus, if you get him at 5-5.5, he can now be a tradeable asset at the deadline whether we are not where we need to be in order to compete, or to use as a trade chip to get better from a team that throws in the towel (HI KYLE CONNOR HOW ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU???)

I am more curious as to why he hasn't signed in OTT yet since the ottawa boards were just so confident that dorion pushed through the debrincat trade to secure tank.

Someone brought it up and I'll do it again, would be hilarious if we signed him now because that would just stick a fork in OTT for now.

One contract does not set a precedent for an entire league. Copp's contract is way worse than a one year $7M deal to Tank who's currently rejecting $6M multi-year contracts, Not to mention Klingberg's $7M contract with the Ducks last season. NO TEAM is throwing out big bucks to Klingberg or anyone else just because he got overpaid for one year. And he was traded at the deadline with 50% retention.

So the Wings can do the same with Tank, sign him for one year at the money he wants. Then if the Wings aren't in the position to make the playoffs, trade him at 50% retention.

The reason why Tank fired his agent and hasn't signed is because he wants more money. Pay him what he wants, but just for a year then it buys both parties time to re-assess the cap situation next season. Rumor is that he's already got $6M offers, so what's the big deal about upping that by $1M, especially when Copp is being overpaid by at least that much per season on a 5 year contract?

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
I think shipping out fabbri to a bottom feeder and trading for lafreniere just makes so much sense. Wings need some size and goal scoring and lafreniere brings the potential to be a 60 point player eventually. Worst case scenario he’s a 20/20 player, oh well. I think we would be a great spot for him to land and just work on his game as a potential high end role player. I also don’t hate fabbri but hes undersized, bad defensively, and always hurt. I don’t see a future for him here and I think at this point he’s clogging a roster spot.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I think shipping out fabbri to a bottom feeder and trading for lafreniere just makes so much sense. Wings need some size and goal scoring and lafreniere brings the potential to be a 60 point player eventually. Worst case scenario he’s a 20/20 player, oh well. I think we would be a great spot for him to land and just work on his game as a potential high end role player. I also don’t hate fabbri but hes undersized, bad defensively, and always hurt. I don’t see a future for him here and I think at this point he’s clogging a roster spot.
Even if Fabbri stays with us he may not complete the rest of his two year contract.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Fabbri's fine, he's not going anywhere. Given the depth the Wings have with middle-6 caliber forwards, him being injury-prone matters less than ever. Cap space isn't an issue. The Wings deploy him significantly when he's healthy, they apparently like him. I can see him getting traded at the 2025 trade deadline if he's healthy, but not before then unless it's for another star player.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I think shipping out fabbri to a bottom feeder and trading for lafreniere just makes so much sense. Wings need some size and goal scoring and lafreniere brings the potential to be a 60 point player eventually.
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Lafreniere. We could probably fit him in our top 6.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
We can put an end to Kane playing this season. His agent said that he doesn't see Patrick Kane signing any deal before the 23-24 season.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
We can put an end to Kane playing this season. His agent said that he doesn't see Patrick Kane signing any deal before the 23-24 season.

huh? the 23-24 season is this season

his agent said he'll be back in November or December

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

For sure, Kane will have a long rehab after his hip surgery.

You really would have to be on good position at standings, if signing him at mid-season. Last season NYR went on losing spiral, after they got Kane, because they had to mix every line in a new way. It wasn't a healthy Kane, but even healthy Kane will some games played to be back on track.

It really has to work, so we don't have to experiment the same spiral. Our playmakers are on the right wing currently, so the slot is there. Perron, Raymond, Berggren. If one is injured, there's a slot for Kane.

Last edited:

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
I like Fabs, he is very good when he is in the lineup. Plays a very good game. The best thing about him this year is we are not "counting" on him or need him to be a top 6 player. At best, he is a bottom 6 guy when he is able to play. When he's not, we have his spot covered well this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad