GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Rangers recognized that the PK and lack of speed were problems and addressed that today, all while staying away from overpriced big names. A+ day up til now for me.

They addressed the PKing forwards, but the defense was a major issue on the PK. Not sure they can fix that.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
It does take two to make a trade. The Rangers management were confident enough to think they could make some key changes to the core of the team. I don't think you read my post, so I'll try again. It's good the Rangers aren't trading guys away just for the sake of making trades. It's bad that they thought they could do something and have not been able to pull it off.

Let me ask you this. Would you tell people what your plans are if you weren't confident you could pull them off? No, and i wouldn't either. It's a worry. Is it a major worry 2 hours into free agency? No. (as I said in earlier post that I'm not sure you read) I wish the Rangers said nothing after the season. Now they have to explain how and why things didn't work out.

A lot of time between now and opening night.
I like your posts
So true the bolded part

Russian Collusion

Jul 1, 2016
It does take two to make a trade. The Rangers management were confident enough to think they could make some key changes to the core of the team. I don't think you read my post, so I'll try again. It's good the Rangers aren't trading guys away just for the sake of making trades. It's bad that they thought they could do something and have not been able to pull it off.

Let me ask you this. Would you tell people what your plans are if you weren't confident you could pull them off? No, and i wouldn't either. It's a worry. Is it a major worry 2 hours into free agency? No. (as I said in earlier post that I'm not sure you read) I wish the Rangers said nothing after the season. Now they have to explain how and why things didn't work out.

A lot of time between now and opening night.

I completely understand your point, but if they didn't say anything after the last two games against the Pens, there would have been protests outside the Garden. I think adding Buch and Skjei and completely changing the bottom 6 is a big a change. It might not be a sexy change but it is pretty significant. Gorton never said they were trading Nash or Step, the media did.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Avs signed 3 guys I thought NYR might consider - Tyutin, Colborne, Wiercioch

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Must be an error. They're saying 2 years, 10 total million with a 5 million cap hit. Must be an error on TSN's part unless Sakic is just completely drunk.

elsewhere it says 2x$2.5 for Colborne

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
would love to move staal and replace him with a dirt cheap Wizniewski.

Wiz-McI would be a fearsome 2nd pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad