GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Get me Darren Helm and wake me up at the trade deadline when the Rangers, 9 points out of a playoff spot, are debating about whether to ship out Nash and Staal for young blood, or contemplating another "kick at the can" by acquiring Patrick Marleau, or the Sedan twins, for PB, Brady, and a 1st in 17.

Helm resigned with Detroit for 5 years and almost 4 mil per year.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Likely one of the 3 RFA fwds will be traded
If they think they can get good value + replace Kreider via UFA then they would be stupid to not at least consider
I fear for Bern tho

Is it possible the Rangers are announcing Beuk on July 1 so they have at least some form of news to report on this big day for hockey?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I am not going to be a fan of the trade that moves out any of the RFAs, if it happens, or at least I highly doubt it.

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
Is it possible the Rangers are announcing Beuk on July 1 so they have at least some form of news to report on this big day for hockey?

That's exactly what I think and posted on the previous thread before it closed.

I think nothing happens with the Rangers today and this their form of giving us something.

We swung and missed draft day.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Hmm, Nashville and Minnesota are both reportedly interested in Eric Staal. If the Preds miss out on Staal, would Brassard be their backup plan? His signing bonus for today gets paid in 22 minutes.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Maybe as-is it's impossible to move, but I don't believe for a second they couldn't find a taker at $6M, let alone even less. Then again, maybe the Rangers are refusing to retain salary.

The only real kink is if he and his agent did an impeccable job of picking his trade list and none of those teams have any interest whatsoever.

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013

Retaining a bit would be the key
Not at all immovable IMO

Totally fine with keeping Nash. I think he has a nice bounce back year. I wanted to deal him for picks, salary flexibility (for Stamkos), or for a RHD.

If we aren't getting anything like to our liking (obviously the first two are out, then I'm fine with keeping him.

The problem is our D-men and it looks like we're going in with the same damn thing + Holden.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Nash's poor season last year is what's killing his value at the moment, not his contract. The contract is easily moveable...2 more years with a little retained is entirely reasonable. If this was last season teams would be lining up to throw picks and players at the Rangers.

Given a bit of time and teams will start thinking "hmm we could get a rebounding Nash for a decent price after a little retention"

E: and NHL radio saying they can't move it means nothing it's just more speculation

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I'd much rather just keep him. It's obvious we aren't going to get a great return.

I think you hold onto him through the summer and wait for an offer you like. If you don't like anything then yeah hold onto him, hope he has a rebound year and look to move him after that brings his value back up

Like I've been saying I think they might have to wait out another year to get some decent deals and moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad