GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Have you heard any more whispers about what we're planning on doing, BBKers?

Nothing more the last days
Silence
I hope they get Detroit (for Nash) and a couple of other teams (for twins) caught in a crossfire
But likely it will be tough
Gorton needs access to Sathers dirtiest picks of other GMs
But that might be a showcase instead

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
If Boston makes the effort for Shattenkirk and it seems to him that we take him for granted, maybe it makes the difference to him on a new home.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Also think the team no one is talking about now for a Nash trade is Dallas. They wanted lucic, and if that falls through and they still want a winger, then we gots one to trade to them...

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Silence
I hope they get Detroit (for Nash) and a couple of other teams (for twins) caught in a crossfire

Thank you for the update! :cheers:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
It was quite clear Eriksson was going to vancouver to play with the declining twins. Heard there was some interest from NYR.
Did. Not. Want.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Also think team no one is talking about now for a Nash trade is Dallas. They wanted lucic, and if that falls through and they still want a winger, then we gots one to trade to them...

Nash and Kreider's value should continue to go up, especially after these ridiculous free agency deals.

Girardi and Staal's value went up the second that Hall was traded for Larsson.

If Rangers management thinks Hayes can step in 2C minutes, perhaps one of these bargain bin non-qualified RFA's are a good 3C stop gap. Brassard then becomes trade bait.

Gorton's letting the market set itself instead of trying to set it himself. Good move, considering we have nothing noteworthy to set the market with.

That all said, Zucc and Miller are the only wingers I'm comfortable with on this team.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It was quite clear Eriksson was going to vancouver to play with the declining twins. Heard there was some interest from NYR.
Did. Not. Want.

Thank god.

Really hoping we have somewhere to unload Staal and Girardi to.. even if not in the beginning of the year, by december.

I'll feel much better if Staal is gone before the season starts though

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
If Boston makes the effort for Shattenkirk and it seems to him that we take him for granted, maybe it makes the difference to him on a new home.

If not offering a ridiculous package, which we can't afford to do, is somehow a slight to him than so be it. If he really wants to play here he can take a look at the organization as a whole and wait until he's a free agent. Because if he's coming here eariler then that it would mean us taking another HUGE step back as an organization.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Silence

for twins?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Nash and Kreider's value should continue to go up, especially after these ridiculous free agency deals.

Girardi and Staal's value went up the second that Hall was traded for Larsson.

If Rangers management thinks Hayes can step in 2C minutes, perhaps one of these bargain bin non-qualified RFA's are a good 3C stop gap. Brassard then becomes trade bait.

Gorton's letting the market set itself instead of trying to set it himself. Good move, considering we have nothing noteworthy to set the market with.

That all said, Zucc and Miller are the only wingers I'm comfortable with on this team.

we need kevin hayes to woo vesey to come here.

signing vesey would be huge

i think patience is great. i fear our patience will morph into passivity and then desperation.

i still think kreider is in play.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So let me get this straight: the Canadiens trade Subban because of "character issues", then go try to sign Radulov?

God all that's left for them is to sign Lucic. l.o.l.

HAPPY HOUR

Apr 29, 2005
New York
Get me Darren Helm and wake me up at the trade deadline when the Rangers, 9 points out of a playoff spot, are debating about whether to ship out Nash and Staal for young blood, or contemplating another "kick at the can" by acquiring Patrick Marleau, or the Sedan twins, for PB, Brady, and a 1st in 17.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
we need kevin hayes to woo vesey to come here.

signing vesey would be huge

i think patience is great. i fear our patience will morph into passivity and then desperation.

i still think kreider is in play.

Likely one of the 3 RFA fwds will be traded
If they think they can get good value + replace Kreider via UFA then they would be stupid to not at least consider
I fear for Bern tho

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Get me Darren Helm and wake me up at the trade deadline when the Rangers, 9 points out of a playoff spot, are debating about whether to ship out Nash and Staal for young blood, or contemplating another "kick at the can" by acquiring Patrick Marleau, or the Sedan twins, for PB, Brady, and a 1st in 17.

Helm re-signed with Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad