GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Tyutin was awful last year which is why he was bought out.

Darren Dietz or Brandon Gormley might be good depth pickups for us on D. Dietz is 22 and a righty--played a bit with Montreal last year. Gormley is 24 and a lefty--he's been up and down.

Of what's left at forward I like Riley Nash, Brandon Pirri, Boedker (too expensive more than likely), Matt Martin (again probably too expensive)--maybe Josh Jooris, maybe Ryan White.

Not interested in Vanek--in his 30's and has slowed down. Not a good back checker. Not interested in Vrbata either--34 years old--doesn't back check at all anymore.

Younger forwards that can play a 200' game.

Chad Nehring who led the Wolfpack in scoring last year got himself an NHL deal with Ottawa.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 21s21 seconds ago
DET and NYI both apparently out on Matt Martin. TOR believed to be one of the remaining teams still in the mix.

Detroit got Helm and Nielson.

NYI got Chmera.

Teams whittling down for Martin

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
They addressed the PKing forwards, but the defense was a major issue on the PK. Not sure they can fix that.

Good point. I still find it heartening that they started to address it at least. The defence is going to be a lot tougher to fix.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Tyutin was awful last year which is why he was bought out.

Darren Dietz or Brandon Gormley might be good depth pickups for us on D. Dietz is 22 and a righty--played a bit with Montreal last year. Gormley is 24 and a lefty--he's been up and down.

Of what's left at forward I like Riley Nash, Brandon Pirri, Boedker (too expensive more than likely), Matt Martin (again probably too expensive)--maybe Josh Jooris, maybe Ryan White.

Not interested in Vanek--in his 30's and has slowed down. Not a good back checker. Not interested in Vrbata either--34 years old--doesn't back check at all anymore.

Younger forwards that can play a 200' game.

Chad Nehring who led the Wolfpack in scoring last year got himself an NHL deal with Ottawa.

Ferraro
Jooris
Howden
Pirri
Boedker
Martin
Gormley
Schultz
Russel
Polak

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Wisniewski is 32 years old. In ten NHL seasons he's been out with injuries 17 times totaling almost 200 games lost to injury and he's been suspended 5 times. He's got a great point shot but he's not a really good defender. He's a hothead and takes a lot of dumbass penalties. I wouldn't go near him.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Team needs Vanek. 1 year $3M. It would be low risk, high reward. Worst case scenario is is puts up 40 points.

Hate to see all of the teams around us getting better and us remaining stagnant. As of right now, I dont see the Rangers in a playoff position unless and aging Lundqvist can will them there.

If we didnt have G and Staal we actually could have acquired a couple of worthwhile free agents this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad