GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Nothing worse then helm in the top 3....or top 6. Hands of Damn stone,

Yeah, he was just the straw that stirred the drink on the best and most dynamic line we had all season.

And to the other poster, signing Semin to a 1 year deal at 3M or less is a boom or bust option for 1 freaking year.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Semin would drive this fan base insane. He is a terrible floater and does not play defense at all. He often will slowly skate back and trail on the backcheck in a half hearted attempt to appear to play defense. His offensive output offset his reluctance to play two way hockey but even that has dropped off. I would not be happy if we picked him up

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Semin would drive this fan base insane. He is a terrible floater and does not play defense at all. He often will slowly skate back and trail on the backcheck in a half hearted attempt to appear to play defense. His offensive output offset his reluctance to play two way hockey but even that has dropped off. I would not be happy if we picked him up

I think playing with Datsyuk would get him going.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I can see Holland trading Andreas Athanasiou as part of a package for Patrick Sharp. Let me say right now that I really, really, really hope that doesn't happen.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I think playing with Datsyuk would get him going.

I've watched a lot of Semin when he was at his peak here in DC. He played with Ovechkin, Feds, Backstrom, and high character guys like Laich. He always put in 3 times the effort in offense and never backchecked - he would just space out or slowly skate back to the blue line and wait providing zero puck help.

I love Datsyuk, but I don't think it has anything to do with him. Semin will be a 20g guy next to him, but at the expense of zero effort on defense and or any effort on puck pursuit.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
I think holland goes after green and ehroff (tho he spurned them for Pitts last year), maybe Martin.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

"We probably have interest on the market in guys that are shorter term rather than longer term, depending who they are," Holland said.

Yeah, that screams older player happy to accept a 1-3 year deal. So maybe Visnovsky and possibly Justin Williams. I kinda hope if we don't reel in a major acquisition like Green that Holland does the usual - nada.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The fact that we're supposedly interested in so many forwards just doesn't make sense to me.

Which ones are you seeing, and where?

I just have seen Beleksey, but I am seeing several people saying he gets at least 5 mil. Holland would have to be off his ****ing rocker.

Honestly guys, there is no way Abdelkader doesn't get paid as an impending UFA next year. By us or someone else.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Holland only has a few more hours to extend Cleary right? Before 29 other teams have a shot at him?

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Which ones are you seeing, and where?

I just have seen Beleksey, but I am seeing several people saying he gets at least 5 mil. Holland would have to be off his ****ing rocker.

Honestly guys, there is no way Abdelkader doesn't get paid as an impending UFA next year. By us or someone else.

Who has said were interested in forwards besides hfboards? No one reputable I believe.

Joel Ward and Justin Williams were also in that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia