GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part III - Looking for Mr. Centerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I just feel the rest of the roster is great. Top 6 center away from a legitimate run.

As it stands only Vegas and New Jersey have worse center depth in my opinion.

It is a gaping hole.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I just feel the rest of the roster is great. Top 6 center away from a legitimate run.

It is a gaping hole.

I agree, best blue line we've had in a long time and we were 4th in goals scored last year.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com

It is a gaping hole.

I think this is extremely accurate. The 1C is a huge hole. It was prior to Stepan, and with Stepan gone, it's an even bigger hole.

I don't see Zib / Hayes / Nieves / Andersson as the centers on this team.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

It is a gaping hole.
What does our organizational center depth look like as of this moment?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If hayes is the 2c, the Rangers still need a 3c anyway you look at it.. unless they're moving Miller and giving the reigns of top 6 to Buch/Vesey.

Mrpuck

May 3, 2007
East Coast
Any centers with expiring contracts in 2018 that may be more readily available at the trade deadline? And don't mention Tavares.

Would the Jets entertain trading Little? Will he resign in Winnipeg?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Anyone know what Hanks contract counted for in terms of percentage of the cap when it first kicked in? I feel like it was probably similar to what Price got.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Any centers with expiring contracts in 2018 that may be more readily available at the trade deadline? And don't mention Tavares.

Would the Jets entertain trading Little? Will he resign in Winnipeg?

Little, Turris (though Ottawa just made the ECF), Bozak, Sedin, Stastny, Thornton, Koivu, Backlund.

Mrpuck

May 3, 2007
East Coast
Little, Turris (though Ottawa just made the ECF), Bozak, Sedin, Stastny, Thornton, Koivu, Backlund.

You would think any team in the playoff hunt would not trade away one of their centers.

Leaves Little & Sedin? Not sure I'd even want Stastny if the Blues moved him at the deadline. Sedin is probably slow, although I admittedly have not watched many VAN games anytime recently. Certainly not much to work with there.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
the pending UFAs for 2018 are not very good outside of Tavaras and I bet NYI won't deal him, they will let him finish the year and hope to resign him.

Stastny and Little are the only 2 I like and not as #1s and borderline 2's. Unless they are given away I'd stand pat.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
You would think any team in the playoff hunt would not trade away one of their centers.

Leaves Little & Sedin? Not sure I'd even want Stastny if the Blues moved him at the deadline. Sedin is probably slow, although I admittedly have not watched many VAN games anytime recently. Certainly not much to work with there.

Bozak could probably be had since they have Matthews, Kadri and Nylander can play center, and TOR may need cap.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
the pending UFAs for 2018 are not very good outside of Tavaras and I bet NYI won't deal him, they will let him finish the year and hope to resign him.

Stastny and Little are the only 2 I like and not as #1s and borderline 2's. Unless they are given away I'd stand pat.

unless there's someone available we don't know about, Duchene, bozak or stand pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad