Status
Not open for further replies.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
GM's agree on Duchene asking price?

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/hockey/carolina-hurricanes/article159420799.html

“When I get on the phone with GMs around the league, they’re asking for a top young defenseman,†Francis said of trade proposals. “They’re very hard to get and very hard to find. We have them, and we’re not going to give them up, especially for a player who has two years left and then he can walk away.â€Â

So when Joe and the Avs fan base think they are getting that top 4 young d man for a rental, think again. I doubt anyone bites. As this lingers on, things get worse and Joe will have to either come back to reality understanding Matt is a 'possible' rental OR keep him.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
We trade with Vegas? :)

There a small crop of player than LV seems content to keep and develop. They're going to need roster players and they have enough picks for the time being. Guys like Lindberg and Karlsson will become much more valuable once they get the ice time and put up the points.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
You can't get Oscar back until Jan 1st.

Bill Karlsson is someone I like a lot too, but Haula from that team would be an ideal 4th line center. Bill can play middle six. Upside is there for that.

Ryan Carpenter and Jonny Brodzinki are older players in the AHL that can skate and had terrific AHL seasons. I'd easily give up Nick Holden for those two.

RH centers. Play a fast, low grinding game. Think Bryan Rust type of players. Nothing special in terms of upside, but definitely viable NHL options.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Agreed with Mikos and Tobbe, I'd try to get Karlsson out of Vegas if possible

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
It's funny before the 2011 draft... I mentioned Athansiou was a lock for the NHL given his speed.

Absolutely lock in my mind back then.

I couldn't believe he slipped to the 4th round.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Maybe they don't want to trade Karlsson, Haula or Lindberg, but we should check with them :)

And we can trade Lindberg back before Jan 1st, i'm pretty sure.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
You can't get Oscar back until Jan 1st.

Bill Karlsson is someone I like a lot too, but Haula from that team would be an ideal 4th line center. Bill can play middle six. Upside is there for that.

Ryan Carpenter and Jonny Brodzinki are older players in the AHL that can skate and had terrific AHL seasons. I'd easily give up Nick Holden for those two.

RH centers. Play a fast, low grinding game. Think Bryan Rust type of players. Nothing special in terms of upside, but definitely viable NHL options.

Mikos....I was interested in finding this out the other day. It seems there is no wait involved in trying to re-obtain players lost at the expansion draft. Only players that were traded just before the expansion draft can't be re-obtained until Jan 1 at the earliest.

So...we can attempt to get Lindberg back immediately if we like. Lebrun verified this.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Luv luv luv me my Zucc. One of my favorite players ever in my 45 years rooting for this team of ours.

That said, I'd trade him in a NYC minute and our 2018 4th round pick for Galyenchuk and a 2018 2nd round pick.

No Radulov means Habs could absolutely use Zucc to fill that gaping hole and we could obviously utilize Chuckie's services as well.

Very good fit. I know I said about two hours ago to not expect JG to do anything too big in the next few weeks but that's changed now that Radulov is gonzo to Dallas.

I'd be shocked if JG isn't on the horn right now speaking with Bergevin to see what it would take to get something like this done.

I know, it makes too much sense so obviously no chance for this to happen...lol

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Maybe they don't want to trade Karlsson, Haula or Lindberg, but we should check with them :)

And we can trade Lindberg back before Jan 1st, i'm pretty sure.

Mikos....I was interested in finding this out the other day. It seems there is no wait involved in trying to re-obtain players lost at the expansion draft. Only players that were traded just before the expansion draft can't be re-obtained until Jan 1 at the earliest.

So...we can attempt to get Lindberg back immediately if we like. Lebrun verified this.

Thanks for clarifying.

Oscar would be nice. But Bill Karlsson is a little better in my eyes. Haula is faster than both.

I'd love to add a fast center. Or one with size that can play with Kreider & Nash in a shutdown role.

I could see the following team doing really well:

Buch-Zib-Zucc
Kreids-Bjug/Coyle-Nash
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Grabs-Lias-Fast
McClement

McD-Shatts
Skjei-Smith
Holden-Bear-ADA

Staal for Bjugstad would help both teams. Salaries don't exactly off-set but that's a realistic return for two big guys that take weeks off at a time.

I don't see a player from the AHL last year or any of the new kids contributing. Maybe you give Nieves a shot. But they'll send him down after he attempts to pass on an open net a couple of times.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
was fooling around on capgeek.. bored outta my mind.

Nash 3M retained for Jarnkrok 1st. figured Nashville could want someone to replace Neal to go for another cup run, and Nash could have a ton of value with 3M retained?

Hayes for Theodore and a 2018 2nd

2018 2nd (vgk) and 3rd (mtl) for Kovalchuk

Theodore, Graves, and 2018 Nashville 1st for Duchene

Holden to MTL for 3rd.

Kreider-Duchene-Kovalchuk
Zucc-Zibanejad-miller
Vesey-jarnkrok-buch
fast-nieves/anderssen-grabner.

mcd-shatt
skjei-smith
staal-deangelo

or you can forget the Kovalchuk trade all together and just do the other two.

wont happen but it was fun.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
was fooling around on capgeek.. bored outta my mind.

Nash 3M retained for Jarnkrok 1st. figured Nashville could want someone to replace Neal to go for another cup run, and Nash could have a ton of value with 3M retained?

Hayes for Theodore and a 2018 2nd

2018 2nd (vgk) and 3rd (mtl) for Kovalchuk

Theodore, Graves, and 2018 Nashville 1st for Duchene

Holden to MTL for 3rd.

Kreider-Duchene-Kovalchuk
Zucc-Zibanejad-miller
Vesey-jarnkrok-buch
fast-nieves/anderssen-grabner.

mcd-shatt
skjei-smith
staal-deangelo

or you can forget the Kovalchuk trade all together and just do the other two.

wont happen but it was fun.

I think a benefit of getting a Duchene would be to put him with Nash.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Trade Nash to SJ. Trade Holden+ to Vegas for Kruger and Lindberg.

Kreider/Zibanejad/Zuccarello
Vesey/Hayes/Miller
Buchnevich/Lindberg/Jensen
Grabner/Kruger/Fast

McD/Shattenkirk
Smith/Skjei
Staal/DeAngelo

Berezgalov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events