Apr 11, 2011
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 1m

Penguins in on Legwand

damn thought we could use him.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
What does it say about our management team if they openly admit they only kicked the tires on one player in free agency, that player being Benoit freakin Pouliot.

Now we're looking to trade for a top 6 forward? Makes absolutely no sense. I'm not neccesarily opposed to not overpaying for talent in free agency, but there are always deals to be found on July 1st - we should know, we added MacArthur for 3.25M on a day where Clarksons and Clowes went for 4.5-5.5M.

I have to ask, why weren't we looking at guys like Moulson, Havlat, Jokinen? There were rumors of the Sens being interested in trading for Moulson and Havlat, why weren't we willing to consider signing these players? Moulson at 5M is very fair and Havlat at 1.5M is a great deal. It makes absolutely no sense in my mind, I'd love for someone to explain why we're looking to trade assets for a top 6 forward, but aren't willing to sign one at the cost of nothing but cap space.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It did and I was unhappy to hear that.

Why the heck are we trying to add when clearly this team can't compete and needs to re-build from the bottom up.

Trying to squeak into 8th at all costs.

Did you forget what happened two seasons ago without Spezza?

Jeez, it's not the end of the world guys. We'll be fine, arguably better because of all this.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Sounds like a RW to me based on murray saying there are other factors based on why he doubts lazar will be a rw

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
What does it say about our management team if they openly admit they only kicked the tires on one player in free agency, that player being Benoit freakin Pouliot.

Now we're looking to trade for a top 6 forward? Makes absolutely no sense. I'm not neccesarily opposed to not overpaying for talent in free agency, but there are always deals to be found on July 1st - we should know, we added MacArthur for 3.25M on a day where Clarksons and Clowes went for 4.5-5.5M.

I have to ask, why weren't we looking at guys like Moulson, Havlat, Jokinen? There were rumors of the Sens being interested in trading for Moulson and Havlat, why weren't we willing to consider signing these players? Moulson at 5M is very fair and Havlat at 1.5M is a great deal. It makes absolutely no sense in my mind, I'd love for someone to explain why we're looking to trade assets for a top 6 forward, but aren't willing to sign one at the cost of nothing but cap space.
Again, what makes you think these players would want to come here right now?

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005

Who said they didn't consider it?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Outside of the Havlat comments, couldn't agree more. Moulson and Jokinen would have been perfect fits here, filling holes that still very empty. Very frustrating if we didn't even try to sign these guys.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Did you forget what happened two seasons ago without Spezza?

Jeez, it's not the end of the world guys. We'll be fine, arguably better because of all this.

You mean the short season?

Do you remember the unsustainable goaltending we had that year?

Or Turris had a hard time as the #1 center that year? On pace for 41 pts in 82 games that year

We also didnt have Karlsson for much of the year. Gonchar was huge for us that year. Methot was lights out that year, not sure if that was his normal.

The short season, in my opinion is not a good indication of how good the sens really are

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
sounds like a player in the 4mill range and not a center 'necessarily'

ROR is going to make 6mill+ so i dont think it is him. Stewart fits the bill.

Kane makes 5.2mill so might not be him either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad