GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - July 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There is nothing preventing the Flyes from a handshake agreement with JG, and holdilng off on the actual signing until they carve out cap room, and if they were really cynical, they'd suggest JG negotiate with other teams to create the impression he might not come to Philly, reducing the leverage of teams trying to extract value out of JVR.

If JG really is set on coming here, it's to his benefit to help out Fletcher carve out cap room at the lowest possible cost.

This guy couldn't even get good value for Giroux with any clever sneakiness and you think he can swing something like this?

Fletcher is an eternal victim. He doesn't do stuff like this.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

This rules. Love it.

Oh boy. :laugh:

Setting aside Bratt because they'd be nuts to let him walk, Boqvist and Wood are their other 2 marginally costly RFAs. If they clear another one, they have a hell of a lot more room than just Gaudreau....

Yeah Zacha was rumored to be going for a while now. So not necessarily a precursor to a Gaudreau related move. Zacha’s ultimately a secondary/depth player set to get a good pay bump. Good time to eject while he has good trade value. Mercer coming in & putting a pretty decent rookie season up on ELC probably helps.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
For the first time in a long time I’m excited about some aspect of this team and that’s signing Gaudreau. I am going to look at it through the eyes of being a ten year old fan because thinking about this organization critically will just make me miserable.

With that said, in true Flyers fashion he signs with the Devils.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah Zacha was rumored to be going for a while now. So not necessarily a precursor to a Gaudreau related move. Zacha’s ultimately a secondary/depth player set to get a good pay bump. Good time to eject while he has good trade value. Mercer coming in & putting a pretty decent rookie season up on ELC probably helps.

I guess he didn’t have good value. :laugh:

But probably it set to get a good pay bump in arbitration at least so that might have devalued him in this climate.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
There is nothing preventing the Flyes from a handshake agreement with JG, and holdilng off on the actual signing until they carve out cap room, and if they were really cynical, they'd suggest JG negotiate with other teams to create the impression he might not come to Philly, reducing the leverage of teams trying to extract value out of JVR.

If JG really is set on coming here, it's to his benefit to help out Fletcher carve out cap room at the lowest possible cost.
Honest question, out of all the bull shit you post, what percentage of it do you actually believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad