Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I cant wait, i'm barring up with excitment thinking about how they can f*** this team up even more.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
It’s amazing how one of the highest valued teams in the entire NHL can turn in such a pathetic performance on the year, and see no major changes outside of a coaching “change” and letting FA’s walk that they can’t afford anyways.

Ownership must really not give a f***.
Yea its crazy they are just gonna run it back.
Theyll probably change their offensive structure a little bit but it wont change much.
And theyll surely try to tout playing Turcotte Clarke and Thomas in the lineup as progress when the reality is they cant afford to bring back Roy Arvidsson and Lizotte.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Luc, Blake, and Hiller...
Oh boy, what an exciting season this is going to be
Bringing back a coach who no other team in the league would think about as their head coach because we held on to lame ducks

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
As the only guy left (AFAIK) with a subscription to the Athletic, I thought I'd post a brief summary of Eric Stephen;s' article, L.A. Kings offseason: Who stays, who goes from the roster?

First he mentions the Kings and Trent Yawney have parted ways.

Second, he breaks down the likely dispositions of the roster based on his guesses:
  • Untouchables: Quinton Byfield, Brandt Clarke
  • Not Going Anywhere: Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, Adrian Kempe, Kevin FIala, Mikey Anderson, Trevor Moore, Phillip Danault, David Rittich
  • Staying Put, most likely: Vladislav Gavrikov, Alex Laferriere, Jordan Spence, Andreus Englund, Jacob Moverare
  • Staying Put, for another look: Alex Turcotte, Akil Thomas
  • Staying Put....most likely: Pierre-Luc Dubois
  • The Toughest Decisions: Matt Roy, Cam Talbot, Blake Lizotte
  • Difficult to See Them Back: Viktor Arvidsson, Carl Grundstrom, Trevor Lewis, Arthur Kaliyev, Pheonix Copley

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Roy isn't a tough decision, they can't afford him now, and can't afford a $5m 3rd pairing defenseman going into the future. He's gone, and the time to move him was at the deadline
But there’s no way they make it to 5 games against the Oilers if Clarke is playing instead of Roy! It was crucial to keep Roy for that extended playoff run.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It’s amazing how one of the highest valued teams in the entire NHL can turn in such a pathetic performance on the year, and see no major changes outside of a coaching “change” and letting FA’s walk that they can’t afford anyways.

Ownership must really not give a f***.
Realistically, they made the playoffs 3 years in a row. I can't remember an instance of a team making huge changes after that.

Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of the franchise's current path.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Kings extend Hiller then Blakey takes another well-deserved surf vacation after an exhaustive coaching search and yet another successful season full of “progress”.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Not trading Roy was one of the dumbest (not "worst" but surely dumbest) decisions I've seen. Expiring asset with good value and a readymade replacement waiting. You could put a few hockey games on in front of a f***in dolphin and it would figure out you need to trade Roy
And normally GM's make dumb decisions that favor the short term when their job is on the line.

Blake apparently had full job security and he still couldn't make the responsible decision.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Since its public information, I think you'd be interested in seeing this. Check this out for comparison.

Pretty surprised they don't do any paid advertising.
What does all that data mean Sol?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What does all that data mean Sol?
they get pretty good traffic, and for some reason they are the place to go if you want Pheonix Copley news lmao. But LA kings Insider is the go to spot apparently. Most surprising is they dont advertise on Google for some reason. Always raises questions to me about business health when a business doesn’t even do a little advertising

Last edited:
Reactions: Gjwrams

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Realistically, they made the playoffs 3 years in a row. I can't remember an instance of a team making huge changes after that.

Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of the franchise's current path.
Realistically, that kind of thinking is exactly how you end up like the oilers or the leafs.

It’s abhorrent.

Reactions: chris kontos

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
And normally GM's make dumb decisions that favor the short term when their job is on the line.

Blake apparently had full job security and he still couldn't make the responsible decision.
Blake made dumb decisions that favored the short term and still wound up handily losing his two biggest trades in the short term anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad