GDT: Free Agent Frenzy (in October!) | Sharks throw a pile of money at Labanc, re-sign Noesen, Marleau(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Vlasic $1 mil retained + Sorensen for Roslovic and Perreault would honestly be a nice move. I don't think that I see Vlasic waiving to go to Winnipeg though is probably the biggest issue in that scenario though.

Of course he wouldn't waive. With Winnipeg's terrible internet how would he post twitter pictures of his dogs? :sarcasm:

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
It was tongue-in-cheek more than anything. I just like to dream having Ehlers on this team.
Lol. The Ehlers part is for sure dreaming, but Vlasic is not that out of left field for their needs. While he's not an elite top pairing shutdown guy anymore, he is still a top 4 D-Man that is just overpaid by a million or two. If Vlasic would waive, that would wind up being a nice deal for all parties involved given retention.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
This won’t be a popular question but I think it needs to be asked...
If we move Vlasic, how to we replace what he does??
Please don’t be demeaning. I’m asking seriously.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Well, he doesnt do a whole lot these days according to stats and the eye test. I think we could find a defensive D on the trade market or free agency, prices for those guys have been very cheap recently.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I really don't understand the financials of everything so I apologize if this is a basic question. Could the Sharks afford, or move things around so they can afford, guys like Hoffman or Taffoli? I mean going back to the whole Hoffman situation I kind of wish, in hindsight, that he was playing for the team. Considering players are signing for single years and what Hall got yesterday in Buffalo, it seems like the market is now on the lighter side.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Andy Greene on a one-year contract, with Pasichnuk ready to replace him should he falter?

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
From Sheng Peng's Labanc Contract Article

'I was wrong.'

Can't imagine another Shark beat writer opening an article like that. The quality (and quantity) Peng puts out is well worth the $30. Fills a very real gap that Sharks media has had for some time. Peng has seemingly built dozens of quality connections in the NHL, and is getting us an actual insiders view into the team and league.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I agree, but that's not happening anytime soon so we all have to do with what we got.

Also not all tank teams turn into Chicago or Pittsburgh. Some turn into Edmonton or Buffalo.
I think this is a very important distinction to keep in mind. The Sharks can ill afford to be terrible for 3-4 years in San Jose. And they would be unlikely to survive if the result turned into Edmonton or Buffalo.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I really don't understand the financials of everything so I apologize if this is a basic question. Could the Sharks afford, or move things around so they can afford, guys like Hoffman or Taffoli? I mean going back to the whole Hoffman situation I kind of wish, in hindsight, that he was playing for the team. Considering players are signing for single years and what Hall got yesterday in Buffalo, it seems like the market is now on the lighter side.

You'd rather have Hoffman than Karlsson?

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Well, he doesnt do a whole lot these days according to stats and the eye test. I think we could find a defensive D on the trade market or free agency, prices for those guys have been very cheap recently.
I saw that, along with a lot of the other players, he improved after PD was let go.
He was playing more like himself.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Fine forget Hoffman. It’s been a few years since that happened but I guess there is no forgive and forget. What about Taffoli though.

it’s not like the Sharks will actually do this though because they would rather overpay players who had terrible seasons. I’m just looking for something to get excited about, which has been few and far between for this team since March.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
From Sheng Peng's Labanc Contract Article

'I was wrong.'

Can't imagine another Shark beat writer opening an article like that. The quality (and quantity) Peng puts out is well worth the $30. Fills a very real gap that Sharks media has had for some time. Peng has seemingly built dozens of quality connections in the NHL, and is getting us an actual insiders view into the team and league.
If Sheng can get more sources on the team he would be the perfect insider. He always gets great reports and on topics we all want to know about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad