Free Agent Frenzy - Friday 10/9

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Stamkos didn't even take our calls @ UFA...now that's he even older, about to be 31 in Feb. with a hefty contract & Term, I wouldn't want him. I didn't want him in UFA either though, so that's not surprising. Never been his fan, just a vibe. Oft-injured in the playoffs etc.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Stamkos didn't even take our calls @ UFA...now that's he even older, about to be 31 in Feb. with a hefty contract & Term, I wouldn't want him. I didn't want him in UFA either though, so that's not surprising. Never been his fan, just a vibe. Oft-injured in the playoffs etc.

The injuries scare me. A healthy Stamkos would be an awesome addition, and would put Larkin in a spot he could thrive in, but having Stamkos on IR all the time would just keep things in limbo. A young re-building team doesnt need that.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Fools gold = 1st for $14M cap +old & declining G (who'd probably loathe playing here).

Ya I'll take it. I dont care if he backs up Bernier. Cap this year and next year mean nothing for us. Ill take MAF and a 1st over signing some medicore goalie every time given our current situation.

Even if he sucks as bad as Howard did last year I would take it.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The injuries scare me. A healthy Stamkos would be an awesome addition, and would put Larkin in a spot he could thrive in, but having Stamkos on IR all the time would just keep things in limbo. A young re-building team doesnt need that.

Worth noting Stamkos is a winger at this point. I know Tampa has guys to push him out to the outside and we don't have an abundance of those yet, but I think it is a mistake to play him at center. Remember Tampa kind of lied to him about that in the signing process and immediately shifted him out half way through the next season. Toronto was very honest in terms of seeing him as a winger if I remember right.

Not really on the bring Stamkos train in, if it was exceedingly cheap sure, but he still should cost kind of a decent amount to acquire. It would be fascinating to see if Stevie wouldn't give him #91...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't want either Duclair or Galchenyuk. Will be disappointed if Steve signs either of them.

I like Galchenyuk, we can use his scoring and him on one of the PP unit half walls. He is an imperfect player, but I think he can still provide some offensive punch we are starved for. Not campaigning for him either, just if it happens at a decent rate he is an option I am okay with. Get others passing.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
He’s only 26...

And it’s possible for him to improve.
Oh I agree, it's possible. When I see his stats (yes I know, stat watching), it reminds me of Sheahan where he keeps getting worse and worse after starting off playing so well.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I like Galchenyuk, we can use his scoring and him on one of the PP unit half walls. He is an imperfect player, but I think he can still provide some offensive punch we are starved for.
& yet remain a Net Negative (for the tank crowd)? Personally, I want no part of a severe-warts type (especially Top6F/Top4D TOI) even for "free" in UFA. Sets a bad precedent in the locker room, those aren't Steve Y types. A stopgap w/sweetener, ie, Stastny is fine, he can share 2C duties with Fabbri & be his on ice mentor. Staal may have his worts, but he's 3rd pairing, or 7th D...we got a warm body + mentorship + 2nd.

Nobody is looking @ Galch (or his caliber) for mentorship.

ZLM
Bert-Stastny-Fabbri

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
& yet remain a Net Negative (for the tank crowd)? Personally, I want no part of a severe-warts type, even for "free" in UFA. Sets a bad precedent in the locker room, those aren't Steve Y types. A stopgap w/sweetener, ie, Stastny is fine, he can share 2C duties with Fabbri & be his on ice mentor. Staal may have his worts, but he's 3rd pairing, or 7th D...we got a warm body + mentorship + 2nd.

Nobody is looking @ Galch (or his caliber) for mentorship.

ZLM
Bert-Stastny-Fabbri

They would be looking for Galchenyuk to add offense and punch to the PP. Not to mentor guys. Last year was a disaster for him and his skating has held him back from being the player some hoped. I still think the guy has scored 50 points a couple times and 40 points 3 other times. He can play offense in this league and we need more of that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Anything under 3 years would be okay, I guess. I don't really want a 29 year old on the wrong side of his prime for more years. I honestly would rather avoid him all together.

Torey Krug isn't signing a short term deal. He just isn't so I don't even understand the point of these kind of comments.

7 mil X 6 years for 42 is probably the best we are doing there.

I would really like to sign Petro for 2 or 3 years at well below his market value too.:laugh:

Reactions: Henkka and A II R

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I dunno, anything more than a year in anyone is not gonna help us unless they fit into long term plans. The last thing we need right now is to load up so that we become a fringe playoff team and miss out on high picks.

Let next year be another dead year and stock up on more high draft picks.

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I dunno, anything more than a year in anyone is not gonna help us unless they fit into long term plans. The last thing we need right now is to load up so that we become a fringe playoff team and miss out on high picks.

Let next year be another dead year and stock up on more high draft picks.

I'm very confused about people worrying about being "too good." We were historically bad last year. A joke. Steve Yzerman isn't going to ice a team that bad again. We are still going to suck, but I expect a more competitive team and thank god for that. Watching the team last year was brutal. We're not going to suddenly make a playoff run just because we ice an actual NHL team.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Torey Krug isn't signing a short term deal. He just isn't so I don't even understand the point of these kind of comments.

7 mil X 6 years for 42 is probably the best we are doing there.

I would really like to sign Petro for 2 or 3 years at well below his market value too.:laugh:

Guess we need to start calculating his buyout implications then. Because he is a surefire buyout before his contract is up. Is that what we need?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad