GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Free Agency Starts at 11am CDT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
elene St. James @HeleneStJames · 3m
#RedWings offered D Matt Niskanen 7 years, $38.5 M but were told before free agency began Detroit not a destination for him.

Detroit :biglaugh: Nobody likes them anymore :naughty:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger
Brad Richards takes a 1 year term. Dany Heatley is also willing to go short-term.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Really hoping GMCF is not done.

We lost out on Mitchell and also lost McCormick. Package up Zucker and get us a D-Man.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It's a lot of money, especially time. Could've been even more... But, if you really think..

Niskanen and Orpik, during the next 5 years: $56.25M
After that only Niskanen, during 2 years: $11.5M

Total: $67,75M

Niskanen and Orpik.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think the Wild should just sit pat for now. If he wants another blueliner, it's possible a trade can be done with a team that needs to shed salary later this summer or run with the stable of defensemen we have now and let Folin/Dumba battle it out for the #6 spot.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Considering the stupid money being spent today, GMCF would be really smart to walk away at this point, cash in his chips, and start hammering out deals for next year's RFA's. Because if Mitchell can get over $4m what does that mean for Brodin?

And holy crap Spurgeon would get like $7m per year out there.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I think the Wild should just sit pat for now. If he wants another blueliner, it's possible a trade can be done with a team that needs to shed salary later this summer or run with the stable of defensemen we have now and let Folin/Dumba battle it out for the #6 spot.

Dumba is nowhere near ready for that. The kid is a defensive nightmare right now. He needs to sit in Iowa for 2-3 years.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
W. Mitchell to Florida. Now who do we get on the D side?

Anton Volchenkov is probably the best of a lot of bad options left. Could be a solid guy for the third pairing.

I have a sneaking suspicion(that makes me ill) that Fletcher is going to see whats out there, Prosser is going to see what he is being offered, and they will make a deal and bring him back...

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Considering the stupid money being spent today, GMCF would be really smart to walk away at this point, cash in his chips, and start hammering out deals for next year's RFA's. Because if Mitchell can get over $4m what does that mean for Brodin?

And holy crap Spurgeon would get like $7m per year out there.

Yeah with these signings he needs to start getting those kids signed to extensions or we're looking at someone offer sheeting Brodin for like 8 million or something ridiculous.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Anton Volchenkov is probably the best of a lot of bad options left. Could be a solid guy for the third pairing.

I have a sneaking suspicion(that makes me ill) that Fletcher is going to see whats out there, Prosser is going to see what he is being offered, and they will make a deal and bring him back...

I hope not. Prosser is kind of blocking Blum and Folin. Both of those should get shots this year.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Reading the Detroit free agent thread is sort of amusing. They seriously don't understand why players don't want to go there.

For one, start with your dump of a building. Then move to the dump of your city and start to piece it together. Ya, the second part may generalize the entirety of Detroit but that's the perception and when these players have multiple offers, no real sense of the area outside of being a visitor to Detroit, and family concerns, Detroit isn't going to be high on their list.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Reading the Detroit free agent thread is sort of amusing. They seriously don't understand why players don't want to go there.

For one, start with your dump of a building. Then move to the dump of your city and start to piece it together. Ya, the second part may generalize the entirety of Detroit but that's the perception and when these players have multiple offers, no real sense of the area outside of being a visitor to Detroit, and family concerns, Detroit isn't going to be high on their list.

Where's their new arena going to be built?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Could we officially extend the Granlund/Brodin/Coyle group this summer?

Yep. We are free to negotiate extensions as of today.

I highly doubt anything gets done though. In all cases their agents are going to advise waiting to see how this season plays out, a breakout year for any of them could mean a lot more cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad