GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Free Agency Starts at 11am CDT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Please discuss all free agent stuff here for today, and remember that anything you hear needs to have a credible media source attached to it.

Stream from the NHL: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=616&id=627289&lang=en

I'll just copy the same rules as the Trade & Free Agent speculation thread:

Nobody's ganging up on anybody else and none of the mods are here to censor your opinion beyond violation of site rules.

If you have a problem with something someone wrote, here are three options:

1. If you disagree with their opinion, write an opposing response to it and stay civil

2. If you believe they violated site rules, click on the "Yield" symbol under their avatar to report it to moderators

3. Ignore it and move on

Keep your cool and keep the sarcasm to a respectful minimum.

Also when the Wild make signings, let a moderator make the thread.

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm slightly disappointed we're not in on Niskanen. I was hoping the Erhoff buyout would push his demands down a bit.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
2 years at $6 mil per for Iginla seems high too. Isn't that going to be a problem at the RFA crunch next off-season? Maybe Fletcher plans on signing a lot of the kids to 1-2 year deals.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Thanks, Avder!

I'm kinda glad they're not chasing Niskanen, he'll cost too much. I wonder how much Ehrhoff will get?

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
cfb65b73_joker_here_we_go_.gif

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Been busy lately but had to get on for this!

I'm very happy we're not in on Niskanen. He's going for that monster contract, and IMO, he's so not worth the money he'll get.

Russo said in an article today that the Wild did not even meet with him about an offer.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
2 years at $6 mil per for Iginla seems high too. Isn't that going to be a problem at the RFA crunch next off-season? Maybe Fletcher plans on signing a lot of the kids to 1-2 year deals.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesn't that new Canada tv deal kick in next year which would increase the cap by a significant amount? I think if we keep around 6-7m open for space this year for some young guns contracts, we should be fine with space in 15/16.

Not to mention Iginla at 2 year deal means we could deal him the year after if it doesn't fit.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Kane and Toews are getting major raises apparently. I'll enjoy (just a little) if they get humangous big deals and handcuff the Hawks.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Hopefully with the early talking UFAs and teams can do we don't have to wait for 4 days for big UFAs to make up their minds. Looking at you Zach and Ryan.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I would love to see the Wild troll the NHL and score both Vanek and Iginla...

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Vanek, even at 4x6 could be good, we shall see. We desperately need the offense.

The freakin Central is going to be a bloodbath this year and I get the impression the arms race has begun already.

Iggy would be a pipe dream (been wanting him on the Wild for a decade...) Even at his age he'd still be an ideal player for us. 2x6 is totally worth it for him and it wouldn't hurt us at all.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The freakin Central is going to be a bloodbath this year and I get the impression the arms race has begun already.

This - Spezza, Neal have been added to the division already. I wonder who else is going to be added? I wouldn't sleep on Winnipeg either. Their fans are getting mighty loud about returning to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad