GDT: Free Agent Frenzy / Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
I think the Yotes made the right decision in keeping OEL and not letting him go for peanuts in like, the worst, most cash strapped sellers market of all time, but part of me is still a little bitter we couldn't capitalize on an exceptionally favorable situation. It was always a gamble, though, and if he turns into Seabrook then I wont be bitter for long lol

That contract is horrible now, let alone 7 years from now.

He is not the solution for this team.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It's good to know, despite all of the insanity in the world, that some things don't change. Pierre McGuire still has no idea what he's talking about but has complete unjustified confidence in saying it. Good for him.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
That contract is horrible now, let alone 7 years from now.

He is not the solution for this team.
The question is, who is? Pretty questionable market for both buyers and sellers at the moment, and for FA. It might be tricky to fill the gaps we may be forced to leave in our roster.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think the Yotes made the right decision in keeping OEL and not letting him go for peanuts in like, the worst, most cash strapped sellers market of all time, but part of me is still a little bitter we couldn't capitalize on an exceptionally favorable situation. It was always a gamble, though, and if he turns into Seabrook then I wont be bitter for long lol
It likely won’t get any better next year in terms of the market. And they’ve lost multiple draft picks due to the penalty.
The new GM had a no win situation and probably should have just moved him. His value is probably only going to go down and they desperately need picks and a rebuild.
Glad we are out of it though.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
ANd it begins. Owners are staring at huge loss of gate revenues. Flat cap is a red herring. This is the beginning of a market correction. Top guys will probably still get money but on shorter terms. Middle class is going to get squeezed.

100%

Every owner is in cash preservation mode, that's the only way to come out this pandemic unscathed because it will at least be a year until a Vaccine is commercially available and at least another year before people start to return to normal after being acclimated to staying home.

My company hired top tier business consultants from one of the largest firms in the world and that's what they're telling us. Cash is king in this time of uncertainty.

Reactions: iceburg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad