GDT: Free Agent Frenzy--9am PST, 7/1/15

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
I'd take Ott ten out of ten times over Stoll just for starting **** and saying hilarious things like "I'm in top ten faceoff %, look it up on nhl.com".

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Still some quality players out there. Ehrhoff, Franson, Joel Ward, Lubo. Wonder if Kings make a small signing, even someone like Santorelli for the bottom 6. Probably not, lol.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Still some quality players out there. Ehrhoff, Franson, Joel Ward, Lubo. Wonder if Kings make a small signing, even someone like Santorelli for the bottom 6. Probably not, lol.

I would absolutely LOVE for "soft-hands" Santo to slot in as our 3/4 C. really enjoy his style of play and think he would fit in perfectly on the Kings

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'd take Ott ten out of ten times over Stoll just for starting **** and saying hilarious things like "I'm in top ten faceoff %, look it up on nhl.com".

I would take the opposing viewpoint. I would void his contract for saying that crap.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hindsight 20/20, I'm sure Dean wishes he used the compliance buyout on MR and kept Mitchell.

Absolutely. I'm sure why we have seems quotes from Dean along the lines of recent events have cause him to question his decision making.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Washington acquired TJ Oshie for Troy Brouwer, goalie prospect Pheonix Copley and a third-round pick in the 2016 NHL Draft.

Really nice deal for the Caps. Not sure of the cap situation for the Blues (in terms of Oshie vs. Brewer) but this doesn't seem like good value at all for the Blues.

Last edited:

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
He makes 3.75 and is a UFA after next season. Oshie makes 4.5 and isn't a UFA until after the next two seasons. I don't see cap implications being an issue here.

There's a thread on the Blues board... they aren't happy about it.

Also, looking at the cap, I think we may see a Brown/Martinez package go out for an upgrade at D.

Edit: NVM, I was thinking Richards cap hit may come back in the event of Lombardi possibly losing on the Termination, but that will probably end with Richards being paid the buyout money and not a 5M cap hit showing up on the roster mid season. Although it could....

Last edited:

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Oshie is seriously overrated and a playoff ghost (at least against the Kings) but that's not a great deal for the Blues. Brouwer's playoff numbers are even worse.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
They acquire clutch in Williams and anti-clutch in Oshie.

wingchunentaichilelystad2.jpg

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Washington acquired TJ Oshie for Troy Brouwer, goalie prospect Pheonix Copley and a third-round pick in the 2016 NHL Draft.

Really nice deal for the Caps. Not sure of the cap situation for the Blues (in terms of Oshie vs. Brewer) but this doesn't seem like good value at all for the Blues.

Fun fact (which you might know Bonney) Copley although from Alaska, played a some U18 TIII in SoCal before moving on to play juniors.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
There's a thread on the Blues board... they aren't happy about it.

Also, looking at the cap, I think we may see a Brown/Martinez package go out for an upgrade at D.

Edit: NVM, I was thinking Richards cap hit may come back in the event of Lombardi possibly losing on the Termination, but that will probably end with Richards being paid the buyout money and not a 5M cap hit showing up on the roster mid season. Although it could....

Ah yes, back to the Dave Taylor ways of trades, creating more holes to fill one. Brown won't be traded no matter how bad you want it.He'll retire a King.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Ah yes, back to the Dave Taylor ways of trades, creating more holes to fill one. Brown won't be traded no matter how bad you want it.He'll retire a King.

Lucic already fills the hole vacated by Brown over a year ago. The re-signing of Kopitar/Lucic makes trading Brown by this time next year very likely. As far as places go to cut salary, Brown 6M on the 3rd line is right at the top.

The other hole is on D. I feel a little uneasy going into a season with a McNabb/Martinez 2nd pairing. Picking up a more veteran guy that could carry the second pairing with McNabb, and replacing Martinez with Forbort on the 3rd pairing would be filling the 2nd pairing hole and moving Forbort on to the 3rd pairing.

Moving Brown or Martinez (assuming you get a second pairing D back) doesn't open a hole that can't be filled from within with current personnel. That's why I feel both are expendable.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
And who wants Dustin Brown after the year he had and his cap number/term? Is Mike Milbury a GM somewhere?

Why do people look to move AMart? I don't get it at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad