GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2021

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Sounds like he’s all about the physical/body and maybe places less importance on the mental/mind health. Winning playoffs isn’t just about skill, endurance and a protein rich diet with 1% body fat. If it was, Fat Maroon would have no rings and McK would have several.

fat maroon ain't winning f***ing cups as the best player and leader of a team. he's a bit role player, a cling-on.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
fat maroon ain't winning f***ing cups as the best player and leader of a team. he's a bit role player, a cling-on.
That was intended as the joke part of the post. Oh well.

Reactions: zeroG

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
That was intended as the joke part of the post. Oh well.

ha!

serves me right for reading with a bias.

anyway, i think there's a fine line between doing *everything* you can to win and losing the joy. the GOATs all have the ability to walk that line. think about brady right now - looks like he's having a blast but spares nothing to give himself an edge.

Reactions: KW

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It’s a good point about Huberdeau: will Reinhart take his money?

Huby grew a lot on me this season so would hate to lose him. You definitely saw his heart as a panther
Yeah that’s a hard situation. Love Huby but that contract is going to be massive and he’s almsot 30 when it will be signed. Still remember when he was 18 :(

Reactions: Dutch Panther

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yeah that’s a hard situation. Love Huby but that contract is going to be massive and he’s almsot 30 when it will be signed. Still remember when he was 18 :(
He was the first player drafter after Atlanta was stolen…I wanted Atlanta to draft him as he rose through the charts. This year he came into his own with his own line.

I could see a sweet heart deal maybe, but would be a big ask. I’m hoping that we could sell off Bob somehow for futures but doubt it.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Huberdeau is still two years away. I'm more worried about him having a cup by the time his current deal expires.
I also still have faith in a compliance buyout being on the table. Front offices and (the majority of) players aren't going to stand for the cap only going up $3m from the start of 2019 to the end of 2024.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It’s a good point about Huberdeau: will Reinhart take his money?

Huby grew a lot on me this season so would hate to lose him. You definitely saw his heart as a panther
Your contract pessimism is a sight to behold. I probably want to take the year off when Lundell is up for a new one.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
He’d get that easy.
Boston, Columbus, Detroit……… 10+ teams would be desperate to sign him
he is definitely in the "Get him now and figure it out later" category

didn't work out great for EDM to TOR paying forwards that much. especially RFAs

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
he is definitely in the "Get him now and figure it out later" category

didn't work out great for EDM to TOR paying forwards that much. especially RFAs

Barkov isn’t RFA though.

& Edmontons problem isn’t paying McDavid 12.5M, nor is Torontos paying 11.6M to Matthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad