GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There's rumblings that Shattenkirk may be available. I think the Sharks should get in on something like that.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Does anyone know the backstory on this gif? I've seen that gif so many times, but for whatever reason this morning I was curious about what brought about his reaction. It was a series of bad play calls in the red zone lol. Supposedly this guy was in the same class as the Columbine shooters. There's a class picture and one guy in the middle that looks very much like him. The shooters are in the top left pointing fake guns at the camera with some friends. :shakehead

Jaguars guy was born and raised in Columbine, Colorado. He was in the same year as the shooters of the Columbine Massacre. If you look at the graduating class photo you can see him with his trademark befuddled expression

After graduating he went to college and then found a job in jacksonville, where he became a jaguars fan

The GIF was actually made famous because of a screenshot somebody made during a Jaguars primetime game. It was posted on the sports board of 4chan /sp/. He was reacting to the Jaguars and their typical terrible, unexplainable playcalling and on field performance

For about a year his picture was made famous and used as a meme on /sp/. One day a GIF of the picture was found and the thread about it reached hundreds of posts long. Apparently a /sp/ member then took Jagsguy and migrated him to Misc

uBYtE.jpg

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The locker room will take him back there are most likely guys that have done a lot worse in there that have just never been charged.

Done a lot worse than beating the **** out of their spouse or significant other?

Doesn't get much worse than that.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
There's rumblings that Shattenkirk may be available. I think the Sharks should get in on something like that.

Fans are asking for Draisaitl or RNH from the oilers. I know fans are mostly wrong, but that's steep. What would you see his price as?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Fans are asking for Draisaitl or RNH from the oilers. I know fans are mostly wrong, but that's steep. What would you see his price as?

At first glance, probably something around Couture but it'd have to be a bigger deal due to the contract differences between the two. And I would listen to such offers.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
They're still a good team. The media might want to talk as if they're dead, but I see them going 10-6.

I'm still hopeful. Harbaugh was overrated, IMO, and not developing the offense well enough. It was really all Fangio.

It's really the losses of Gore, Cowboy and P. Willis in the leadership dept that will hurt. The talent is still there.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm still hopeful. Harbaugh was overrated, IMO, and not developing the offense well enough. It was really all Fangio.

It's really the losses of Gore, Cowboy and P. Willis in the leadership dept that will hurt. The talent is still there.

Tomsula may be new to head coaching, but he isn't new to coaching. He's surrounded himself with a pretty decent staff and has recognized and said they will change the bland vanilla offense Roman and Harbaugh ran the last 4 years.

The losses also hurt, but what a lot forget is they're getting guys back, too. Bowman is expected to be healthy, Aldon Smith will get all of training camp and the season, and Dorsey who was very good on the dline in '13 and missed last year will be back.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Sooo anything going to happen today or what? Getting impatient over here

Hopefully DW will go for a 3rd pairing aging dman that still has something left if they will sign for cheap (under 3 mil but preferably 2 or under). Something like a gleason, Zidlicky or Roszival to play with Dillon. This way Mueller can work on his game in the ahl. Then use the remaining cash to sign 1 forward to add some depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad