GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY 2015!!! Kessel Gone... My Gawd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No actually, I didn't, perhaps you should actually read my posts instead of making **** up everytime I post on here.

I said we missed out on Hamilton, Saad, and SJ 2016 first. Any of those pieces are better than what we returned for Kessel.

I want to keep Kessel, check every single post of mine. He's my favorite player.

hence, why I asked the question. if you didn't say it - then you didn't say it. I thought you had, asked a question. you said no. I'm not making up anything. anyway whatever.

Shwaguy*

**** this, now I won't even be able to enjoy myself on these god damn boards.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
This deal is sounding better and better.

$1.25M won't even matter over the next few years and the cap will increase by the time we ever need it

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Does anyone have a stream?!? Im stuck at work and would love to see some of the show!

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
If this is the best deal out there we should have waited, especially considering Kessel's coming off his worst season in several years. Why trade when his value is low?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
So another pick and Spaling coming, I'd really like to know who the "non roster" players are

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
But 20% of retention? Epic, epic fail in terms of asset value in this trade.

Glad Kessel is gone but christ that package is awful

EDIT: 15%

WTF did you expect???

2 picks + prospects is a fair deal.

People wanted him gone, he's gone! Now you're pissed TML didn't get 1000% return.

Toronto fans SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Retention was always going to be part of the deal. If you didn't know that then you're an epic fail!

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
But 20% of retention? Epic, epic fail in terms of asset value in this trade.

Glad Kessel is gone but christ that package is awful

EDIT: 15%

So basically a million dollars which is nothing if the cap goes up and because they have relief from the Horton deal.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
the deal is about as good as we could have expected

Philly boi comes with plenty of baggage , he's also an odd ball type of guy who marches to his own beat and his off ice work habits leave alot to be desired .

Shanny didn't screw us on this deal , Burke screwed us when he traded for this guy . We could be looking back in a couple of years thanking the heavens that someone took this guy off our hands .

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
If this is the best deal out there we should have waited, especially considering Kessel's coming off his worst season in several years. Why trade when his value is low?

They had obviously decided that he absolutely had to go.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Are we allowed to stop comparing him to Seguin and Hamilton now ?

Since everyone from that trade is no longer on the teams.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 20s20 seconds ago

Nick Spaling tells @Sportsnet he's part of Phil Kessel trade. "Big day."

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Because then you run the risk of his value dropping even lower (via injury, or another mediocre season, etc.)

I mean, what's the likelihood that: a) Kessel has some amazing bounce-back PPG season with probably the worst supporting cast he's had since his first season here, and b) his value appreciates by any significant margin simply by having one good season anyway? His contract is the primary issue, not having a bad year. GMs know what he can bring to a strong team over the first few years of his contract.

I don't think we were going to get a much better return than this either way. A roster player, two good prospects, a 1st.... what's wrong with that? If you were expecting Maatta + a 1st or something like that, your disappointment is your own fault, not management's.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Burmistrov is back, and is with the Jets. (Hi Burmistrov)
Enroth to LA (bye bye)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad