GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY 2015!!! Kessel Gone... My Gawd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I agree.

But it wasn't the Leafs that were in a position of bargaining power here.

This team has to take a few steps back to make a big leap forward in the future.

I personally DO NOT like the trade, but I do see the bigger picture.

Fair points all around, can't argue with that.

Just shocked because I'm really not a fan at all of the two prospects

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Vancouver Canucks have signed Matt Bartkowski to a 1 year, 1.75M deal

Chicago Blackhawks have signed Viktor Tikhonov to a 1 year, 1M deal

leafsfern

Feb 8, 2013
T.O
IF we didnt retain any salary...I'm okay with it. Sounds like Kapanen is a good player and same with Harrington. Yeah...was expecting more but if we didn't retain salary...I'm okay with it.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Kasperi Kapanen
Forward -- shoots R
Born Jul 23 1996 -- Kuopio, Finland
[18 yrs. ago]
Height 5.10 -- Weight 171

Kapanen is 5-10 so he fits in with what Leafs have been doing.

Haha I won't mind if they win a Stanley Cup with them, but it is very very highly unlikely. But that return is horrendous.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
didn't you just create a thread, asking why the Leafs were sitting on their ass, and cited, the names of Bozak, Lupul, Phaneuf and Kessel?

you can't have it both ways. You can't demand management to do something, then complain that they did something.

No actually, I didn't, perhaps you should actually read my posts instead of making **** up everytime I post on here.

I said we missed out on Hamilton, Saad, and SJ 2016 first. Any of those pieces are better than what we returned for Kessel.

I want to keep Kessel, check every single post of mine. He's my favorite player.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Fair points all around, can't argue with that.

Just shocked because I'm really not a fan at all of the two prospects

I agree in a sense where Harrington isn't what he was originally envisioned to be.

But Hunter is extremely familiar with him and if he thinks Babcock can turn him into a steady 5-6 guy that can play the PK, then so be it.

Kasperi is just one year removed from being a 22 overall pick, and has Top 6 potential.

Spaling is a nice depth addition.

Again they are bolstering their prospect depth in pure talent and IQ. One would assume that one, maybe two of Nylander, Marner, Bracco and Kapanen are going to hit.

Now word is there is little retention, (1.2m).... So that in itself is a breath of fresh air to get themselves out from underneath a contract like that.

Phil Kessel is NO longer this teams franchise player and negotiation point in terms of salary discussions with future free agents.

This move is a multi layered move, and I do have faith.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Always thought a Maatta was a non starter but no Pouliot is disappointing.

Shwaguy*

I reacted badly to this, but it's not the end of the world.

I have faith in our management team still. I would have liked more, but we're moving forward.

And if we're not retaining the deal wasn't bad actually, Kapanen and a pick is good. We'll see on Harrington. Was gunning for Pouliot, Murray, and a 1st .

And great, now we give up a 2nd for Nick Spaling, this is great. So great.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Spaling, Kapanen, Harrington and two picks for Kessel and two players, 15% of Kessel's contract retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad