GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY 2015!!! Kessel Gone... My Gawd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
ufa2-640x360.jpg

Free Agency Begins @ Noon

left_newstop_hdr.jpg

Last edited:

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Not interested in Franson unless it's not over 4 million per. (Very unlikely)

I've got a hunch we see things escalate on Kessel tomorrow.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not interested in Franson unless it's not over 4 million per. (Very unlikely)

I've got a hunch we see things escalate on Kessel tomorrow.

Agreed. Think now that the bonus has been paid, teams will get more serious about him.

Especially PIT with CBJ getting Saad, puts some pressure on them

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Once the big dollars start dropping people are going to realize phil isn't so bad at 8 if other contracts are moved out. If they are serious about the 2 million retention it better be well worth the 2 million cap hit for the next 8 year's.

I also want absoutly nothing to do with Cody, been there done that, move on.

Last edited:

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I'm 50/50 on whether or not I think Kessel gets moved tomorrow. Whatever they decide to do I'll probably be happy with (Unless they retain money on him/get a ****ty return).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No Beleseky
No Franson

Please and thank you

If you can also somehow, get
1 2016 1st rounder
1 2017 first rounder
2 2016 2nd rounders

that would be great. Thanks Dubas.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Did anyone else compeltly miss the ARI-EDM trade? I found out about it while making this thread :laugh:

Got covered by the Saad deal I guess.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'm guessing we'll sign some cheap 1 year deals and then flip them for picks at the deadline like we did this past season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't understand how we can possibly be interested in any free agents without removing players.

We have lot's of cap space but a lot of players vying for roles all ready, especially on defence.

We probably could use a bottom 6 center and a winger or two to fight for spots... but even that seems unlikely.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
From the Sportsnet article looking at players the Leafs could target. (Check OP). Have always liked Fehr, intriguing option.

Eric Fehr – Centre
2014-15 Team: Washington Capitals

Eric Fehr is sneaky good. He’s put up some decent offensive numbers (19 goals in 2014-15) and he’s a big body at 6-foot-4, 212 lbs who’s been a very reliable piece of the Washington Capitals’ bottom six forward unit the last few seasons.

The Maple Leafs could use some help down the middle, and Fehr presents an intriguing option who could handle some tough defensive assignments.

Fehr shades well on the spreadsheets, which is something the Maple Leafs’ analytics department has surely noted.

Swayze*

I'm 50/50 on whether or not I think Kessel gets moved tomorrow. Whatever they decide to do I'll probably be happy with (Unless they retain money on him/get a ****ty return).

He wont get traded until the other wingers sign or the trade targets get dealt

He's the moat costly in terms of cap and assets.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
He wont get traded until the other wingers sign or the trade targets get dealt

He's the moat costly in terms of cap and assets.

If he isn't traded tomorrow then he likely isn't traded at all this off season. Not many trades happen after free agency opens, especially big ones.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
So help me god Franson...

I will get the Phil haters after you if you come back.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hello everyone. First time poster here but long time Leafs fan.

honestly, not sure how to take this Franson thing unless leafs have the intention of getting rid of Polak and Robidas.

also, not too worry about Kessel, since he is only 3 yrs older than Saad, is twice the player Saad is offensively, thus teams will pony up for him. The other GMs are only playing hard ball bc they know Leafs are desperate.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I can only imagine the consternation on this board at this time tomorrow when Phil and Bozak haven't been traded yet. Couple that with a UFA signing, some people will be apoplectic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad