GDT: Free Agent Frenzy: 2015 Edition

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Wow. STL got bent over in that Oshie deal.

Agreed that Oshie is slightly overrated, but Washington's top 6 looks lethal now....maybe not Pittsburgh-level lethal, but look out for them next year.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I legitimately can't think of our AHL D before 7/1 besides Bagnell, McCabe and Ruh.

Bags is gone (for now)
Brady Austin? ...all i've got

Yep, that's all of 'em. Leduc got a QO too, so maybe him as well. They still need one more (Bagnall would be a solid choice to come back).

McCabe, Ruhwedel, Leduc, Austin are good bets to return - Matt MacKenzie and Nick Petrecki were on the Amerks roster but I think both have their contracts up.

If Donovan and Sanguinetti take those 2 spots, and McCabe is the 6th/7th guy in Buffalo next season, then Murray should consider....

Eh, Bagnall doesn't seem like a very safe bet to be healthy. 92 games over the past two seasons with Rochester. 139 games over the past three seasons. That's not a great recent track record.

....that Bagnall has been cited by Ristolainen, Pysyk and McCabe as having taught and showed each a lot about being a professional. Whether he's injured or not, his presence around the team seems like a worthwhile investment of leadership IMO. Even when Gionta was injured last season, Sabre players spoke about his continued influence on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad