GDT: Free Agent Frenzy/2013 Offseason Thread: Part VII: OMGZZZ SATHER DO SOMETHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
LeBrun wrote last night MTL wanted to do a short term deal with Clowe but wanted a longer term. MTL is looking to get bigger. They really wanted Bickell because Bergevin and Rick Dudley worked for the Hawks. They knew Bickel from Chicago. MTL liked Clowe last season too. How much did Lou give Clowe?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Jason Deforest ‏@FAN960Jason 10m
Friedman: "I've heard rumblings on offer sheets to Bogosian, Pietrangelo. Curious to see if offer sheets end up being a factor." #NHL

That would be interesting. Would Philly make another crazy one to Pietrangelo?

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
I don't buy that Boyle will be traded, obviously if there is a deal too good to pass up sure, but No Hags and Cally to start the season, Powe will most likely start the season in Hartford. That is 3 penalty killers right there, Boyle is our second best PK forward behind Cally and the best on faceoffs, he will not be moved regardless of if we sign Moore or Lapierre, especially since Boyle can play center and wing. Boyle will play 3rd line center this year, this is a contract year for him, I expect to see a lot more of the Boyle we saw in the playoffs in the regular season if he wants to be back here next year.

I think Stepan's a better PKer. Stepan at least can generate some short handed offense.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
That would be interesting. Would Philly make another crazy one to Pietrangelo?

They have 500k in cap space and one goalie on the roster. Even after they put Pronger on LTIR, that's not enough cap space to find another goalie and make an offer to Pietrangelo that won't be matched.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
If Richards was a FA this offseason he would get eleventy billion dollars annually.

I'd be thrilled with adding Moore and resigning Eminger and no other moves.

Punxrocknyc19*

Already talk of offer sheets
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m
Another interesting angle: will there be offer sheets on RFAs. With cap going down, inability to hide $ in minors, teams may be vulnerable.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 38s
@TSNBobMcKenzie. Already talk of offer sheets among teams with space. Pietrangelo, Bogosian, Little, Bailey, Henrique, Hamonic...

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Another interesting angle: will there be offer sheets on RFAs. With cap going down, inability to hide $ in minors, teams may be vulnerable.

@TSNBobMcKenzie. Already talk of offer sheets among teams with space. Pietrangelo, Bogosian, Little, Bailey, Henrique, Hamonic...

good thing we have more than enough for our own.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Oh boy, hope Sather can get McD, Step, and Hags done quickly. Imagine if Toronto OS'ed Steps. Not good.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Are the Rangers even entertaining extending the captain this offseason? I don't think I'm alone in wanting to see #24 raised to the rafters at some point.

NYRangers1388

Oct 4, 2008
Are the Rangers even entertaining extending the captain this offseason? I don't think I'm alone in wanting to see #24 raised to the rafters at some point.

Uh.

He's got a LONG LONG LONG way and a LOT to prove before I'd even think about considering raising #24 to the rafters......hard-working strong ranger but, rafters? as of now, no...

hagsfan924

Sep 1, 2011

Maybe I'm just a big homer, but I think McDonagh would be arguably the 2nd best player if thrown into the group above. I'd be surprised if he wasnt vulnerable to an offer sheet. He may not be a shiny point scoring defenseman, but he is one of the top shut down D in the league already at his young age. And Stepan and Hagelin too. Is Bailey really more attractive of a player than Step and Hags?

I dont know if this has been discussed here, but at what cost/compensation would you be comfortable losing those players.
For Stepan and McD, I wouldnt want to lose them obviously but it would hurt if we didnt get at least two 1st round picks back.
Hagelin I would like a 1st and 3rd as compensation if we had to lose him (for a former 6th round pick that would be a nice return, although Id obviously hate to lose him too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad