GDT: Free Agent Frenzy/2013 Offseason Thread: Part VII: OMGZZZ SATHER DO SOMETHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

Little doubt David Clarkson will get a 7 year term. Some gm's think he will get $6 mil or higher per. #TSN

Bat**** crazy. Shame it is unlikely the Devils will be the ones saddling themselves with that deal.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Bat**** crazy. Shame it is unlikely the Devils will be the ones saddling themselves with that deal.

Yeah, that's just crazy......

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
Ray Emery in PHI; Nathan Horton in CBJ; Ryane Clowe in NJ. But lots of intrigue, shouldn't be long after 12 noon that signings get done.

Bob's guesses for where players go right away

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Wyshnyski kills me sometimes. "Montreal adds size, signs Danny Briere."

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
I can't believe there are GMs that stupid that they are going to sign Clarkson, reportedly, to those kind of numbers. Clarkson is a nice player, a complementary player though. If you don't surround him with the right kind of players, he's going to fall flat on his face.

Bickel excelled playing with Toews and Kane. Clarkson with Elias. These kinds of players need great playmakers that can use their big bodied linemates effectively.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
The Clarkson rumors are ridiculous. 7x6 for a 29 year old with a career high 46 points?

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
I can't believe there are GMs that stupid that they are going to sign Clarkson, reportedly, to those kind of numbers. Clarkson is a nice player, a complementary player though. If you don't surround him with the right kind of players, he's going to fall flat on his face.

Bickel excelled playing with Toews and Kane. Clarkson with Elias. These kinds of players need great playmakers that can use their big bodied linemates effectively.

If the Devils are going to add Clowe, I hope it's at a crazy term, like Clarkson is expected to get.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Bob McKenzie Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

Some think NHL issued memo yesterday to cool specific negotiations because one club complained to NHL about losing its UFA before UFA begins

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 36s

Player may have said: I have better offer elsewhere, I'm not coming back. GM flipped he was beat by competing offer before UFA period begins

Interesting, but I think the NHL is out to lunch, because the plain language of the CBA doesn't preclude nonbinding verbal agreements prior to noon from my brief review.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
If the Devils are going to add Clowe, I hope it's at a crazy term, like Clarkson is expected to get.

I agree. I think he's damaged goods at this point and his career is going to tank. I hope they give him 5+ years.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, that's just crazy......

Bob's guesses for where players go right away

Emery in Philly again? i can see the Isles make a push for him. unless this is what Bob has been told, in which case, the Islanders still don't have a goalie lined up for signing.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
Interesting, but I think the NHL is out to lunch, because the plain language of the CBA doesn't preclude nonbinding verbal agreements prior to noon from my brief review.

The current team has exclusive negotiating rights until the player's SPC expires. Does it expire on July 5th at 12pm? Or beforehand? And when did the new team reach out to the player?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The current team has exclusive negotiating rights until the player's SPC expires. Does it expire on July 5th at 12pm? Or beforehand? And when did the new team reach out to the player?

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2013/7/3/4489046/nhl-free-agency-primer-new-rules-2013

Article posted on July 3rd.

The most important, or time-sensitive change, is that although free agency doesn't open until Friday, teams can actually start talking with players beginning today - actually, this interview window was open as of 12:01am this morning. If a player and a team agree on a new contract, they are free to announce it at any time, though they can't actually sign anything until noon on Friday.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
Thanks GAG. So if the NHL issued a memo yesterday in response to a team complaint, then there was some sort of violation taking place.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Am I the only one that thinks a 33 year old Dominic Moore coming off of a year away from the game will not come close to contributing to the team like Boyle does? Signing Moore reeks of a Sather mistake that spends half the season scratched or in Hartford.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Am I the only one that thinks a 33 year old Dominic Moore coming off of a year away from the game will not come close to contributing to the team like Boyle does? Signing Moore reeks of a Sather mistake that spends half the season scratched or in Hartford.

No, you're not the only poster to think so. Moore is player I'm not interested in seeing on the Rangers.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

I wouldn't get rid of Boyle to sign Moore, I'd move Boyle to the wing where he looks good, that gives you 2 face off guys on the 4th line which could end up our defensive line.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Nope. I don't really get it. I would take a flyer on him sure...but I think trading Boyle under the assumption that Moore is an upgrade is crazy talk. Even factoring in cap hit...I think Boyle is, say, $700k more valuable than Moore for sure.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Dean Lombardi complained to the NHL about other teams negotiating with players and possibly reaching verbal agreements. Lombardi wants to re-sign Scuderi and he feels other teams are interfering with Scuderi who lives in Boston during the off-season. McKenzie won't say it was Lombardi but a Detroit writer wrote it was Lombardi.

Janerixon

Jun 16, 2002
Visit site
Nope. I don't really get it. I would take a flyer on him sure...but I think trading Boyle under the assumption that Moore is an upgrade is crazy talk. Even factoring in cap hit...I think Boyle is, say, $700k more valuable than Moore for sure.

I don't buy that Boyle will be traded, obviously if there is a deal too good to pass up sure, but No Hags and Cally to start the season, Powe will most likely start the season in Hartford. That is 3 penalty killers right there, Boyle is our second best PK forward behind Cally and the best on faceoffs, he will not be moved regardless of if we sign Moore or Lapierre, especially since Boyle can play center and wing. Boyle will play 3rd line center this year, this is a contract year for him, I expect to see a lot more of the Boyle we saw in the playoffs in the regular season if he wants to be back here next year.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1m
Ran into ex-Leaf Dominic Moore over here at Wimbledon. Definitely looking at getting back into NHL after yr off following death of his wife.

Another confirmation of Moore wanting to play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad