GDT: Free Agent Frenzy/2013 Offseason Thread: Part VII: OMGZZZ SATHER DO SOMETHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Raymond didn't sign, correct?

I'd be interested in:

Jagr
Briere
Raymond
Stalberg

I'd consider:

Laperriere
Gordon

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We do not have the cap space to sign any top 6 players. Not in any manner I can fathom it.

Kershaw

Who are the Rangers going to target to replace Clowe's 'role' on the team? I thought that was a vital aspect to the Rangers season turning around post deadline.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Who are the Rangers going to target to replace Clowe's 'role' on the team? I thought that was a vital aspect to the Rangers season turning around post deadline.

LOL at this. Clowe had a few good games. He was otherwise slow and a non-factor.

We will not be signing top 6 forwards. I think Jagr would be ok with top 9 minutes.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
I would like to see Kristo make the team out of camp to fill in for Hagelin and Cally. Play him with Kreider and Richards or Brassard. Get him some confidence.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Clowe plays an important role but he costs too much. We can get Mashinter to fight and score three times in 40+ games for an 8th of the price and 3 less concussions. Sounds economically sound to me.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT

They do need a net front guy, especially with cally banged up. Don't currently have one in the system

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
We do not have the cap space to sign any top 6 players. Not in any manner I can fathom it.

You're right, nor should we anyway.. the UFA market is full of nothing but 2nd/3rd liners who are going to be severely overpaid. There is not one guy on the market who you can guarantee me is a top 6 guy.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013

Mueller? Not as rough and tumble obviously but will put up better offensive numbers, especially if Brass is feeding the kid the puck. Young and will cost less to boot.

Now, as stated in the other thread, signing Komisarek is so counter productive to this team it's ridiculous.

I'd rather have growing pains with McIlrath.

Would rather have Falk/Eminger and maybe a guy like Blum being brought in.

Kershaw

LOL at this. Clowe had a few good games. He was otherwise slow and a non-factor.

We will not be signing top 6 forwards. I think Jagr would be ok with top 9 minutes.

Clowe plays an important role but he costs too much. We can get Mashinter to fight and score three times in 40+ games for an 8th of the price and 3 less concussions. Sounds economically sound to me.

Just poking fun, I agree with you both. The reasoning for giving up a 2nd and early 3rd for 12 games of Clowe was because 'he filled a role', never-mind the fact that he was useless in most games. But it was justified because he filled a role. Terrible trade before hindsight, even worse with hindsight.

With the way Gorton/Sather talked up getting this character player, I wonder what they'll do to replace him. Interesting times ahead indeed.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You're right, nor should we anyway.. the UFA market is full of nothing but 2nd/3rd liners who are going to be severely overpaid. There is not one guy on the market who you can guarantee me is a top 6 guy.

Agreed. Briere was horribrutal last year, Stalberg is meh, Jagr is 84, Raymond is Hagelin-lite, Clarkson is streakier than the weather. There's nothing out there.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I still think the best way to add a top 6 guy is to move a defenseman. I think only Mcdonagh and Girardi are the only ones who should absolutely not be moved.

Kershaw

They do need a net front guy, especially with cally banged up. Don't currently have one in the system

Nash or Kreider possibly. Would like to see one of them play in front of the net. See that size utilized.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
richards has played LW before. he probably should move there as his skating was not good enough for a center this past season.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Nash or Kreider possibly. Would like to see one of them play in front of the net. See that size utilized.

Both are better on the move IMO. I'd like to find a 220+ pound guy who is a rock in front, doesn't need a great goal total (10 or so a season is fine) but is completely willing to battle in front all game.

Chicago has Bickel to do it, flyers have simmonds, blues have Stewart, etc etc. don't think those guys have tremendous value unless they are really special, teams tend to value guys who can skate more. But I do think adding one could make the offense more potent. Don't think you want to waste a guy who can move(like a nash or kreider) by parking him

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
is it too unconventional for the 4th line to be the shut down line and the 3rd line to be the energy line?

energy line could be something like Miller-Brassard-Kreider.. 3 very fast skaters, one playmaker and a guy who's projected to be a finisher.

then the 4th line could be the shut down line with something like boyle-haley-dorsett.

while Stepan is the 1c and Richards is the 2c.

just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad