GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2

What grade would you give the Capitals off-season?

• A

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • B

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • C

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikaPEI

Jul 22, 2022
I love the moves the Caps made this summer. Kuemper seems to be a very underrated signing. His playoffs may not have been the best despite winning the Cup, but his drop-off happened after he got hurt and he still managed pretty good numbers.

Strome will be a solid replacement for Nick while he recovers and hopefully comes back.

Not sure if these moves push us over the edge from playoff team to legit Cup contender, but I feel like we're in a much better place now compared to the last few years.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I love the moves the Caps made this summer. Kuemper seems to be a very underrated signing. His playoffs may not have been the best despite winning the Cup, but his drop-off happened after he got hurt and he still managed pretty good numbers.

Strome will be a solid replacement for Nick while he recovers and hopefully comes back.

Not sure if these moves push us over the edge from playoff team to legit Cup contender, but I feel like we're in a much better place now compared to the last few years.
welcome!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Ouch. Huge ouch. About the only player the Caps could move for him, would be Mantha (or Wilson, but no thanks to that). Oshie isn’t going to move the needle, and obv neither will Eller.

Can not trade from the D (Orlov would get it done), as the team is forward heavy as it is right now.

Mantha plus what for Tkachuk? How big a plus?
You wouldn't move Wilson for Matthew Tkachuk?

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
You wouldn't move Wilson for Matthew Tkachuk?
If it took $9Mx8 or more to extend Tkachuk I'd have a tough time doing that, based on him being able to talk to teams I bet it will be more

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Wouldn't have wanted Tkachuk - he's an obnoxious SOB, just like his old man and his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad