GDT: Free Agent Frenzy #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't think you can buy both Staal and G out, and we have to remember that our current young guys are due raises next year and then McDonagh the year after. We need to hope he'll waive his clause and trade him at 50%.

For depth options: Boo and Jensen internally and then Grigorenko/Nestrasil are current FAs that are good fits

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I don't think you can buy both Staal and G out, and we have to remember that our current young guys are due raises next year and then McDonagh the year after. We need to hope he'll waive his clause and trade him at 50%.

For depth options: Boo and Jensen internally and then Grigorenko/Nestrasil are current FAs that are good fits

Could move Holden for a C ?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Could move Holden for a C ?

I'd want to keep Holden for the time being simply because I think we'll need a reliable guy to step up if Skjei or Deangelo struggle. We need a PKer too and right now (not including Staal) we have McD, Smith, and Skjei.

Honestly, a RHD version of Holden would be perfect for the year

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Supposedly SJ offer was 1/6. He's 38 years old. 50 points in 79 games. That's Kevin Hayes production.

Then why isn't he signed? I don't believe it. I can't see any team in the league offering him more than 3.5. Especially, coming off of knee surgery.

Regarding his production, I think he just had a down year. The year prior he had 82 points or something like that and his point totals preceding that are very good as well.

Last edited:

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
I'd want to keep Holden for the time being simply because I think we'll need a reliable guy to step up if Skjei or Deangelo struggle. We need a PKer too and right now (not including Staal) we have McD, Smith, and Skjei.

Honestly, a RHD version of Holden would be perfect for the year

maybe if sj signs jumbo.. try pick up hertl for Nash @ 50%
move holden to dallas for a pick and Johns, as extra d

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Building from the G out. Next stop, centers. Looks like we'll need 2 for competition purposes and to dictate where Miller may play. I'd like to go after Grigorenko with Nestrasil and Rasmussen as a back up as well as Mitchell or Vande Velde or even Latta, who doesn't produce much but provides the spirit we were lacking in the POs. If we get 1 guy from each bucket then we'll let camp decide how the slots go, along with Jensen, Nieves, and the other AAAA pick ups. If someone like Grigs can snatch the 3rd C then Miller is at wing and Grabner moves down to the 4th along with Fast and say Mitchell. Pumps, Jensen, others battle for 13th F. Could be:

Krieder Zibs MZA
Nash Hayes Buch
Vesey Grigs Miller
Grabs Mitchell Fast
Pumps

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Does everyone here think Hayes is a 2C?

i mean he put up nearly 50 pts.. id consider him one.. he also had a lot of defensive zone starts this past year.. its a lot of question marks, but no reason not to give him an opportunity.. a lot people on here are all for playing the kids, and this year will truly be about that, unless some crazy major move is made. we definitely need to bring in at least 2 centers tho

I'm actually hoping Miller can become an ROR type this season.. officially become a center/reason we drafted him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad