GDT: Free Agent Frenzy #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
TSN panel just killed it with describing how the Kane/Toews contract extensions have been awful for Chicago.

Yeah, they won 3 Cups in 6 years, but that was before those huge extensions kicked in. Once they kicked in, things started going to **** for them.

100% on the money.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
TSN panel just killed it with describing how the Kane/Toews contract extensions have been awful for Chicago.

Yeah, they won 3 Cups in 6 years, but that was before those huge extensions kicked in. Once they kicked in, things started going to **** for them.

100% on the money.

Kane is at least worth his contract. Toews is brutal.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com

100% on the money.

I'd take 3 cups and be ok with being crap for a decade.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

100% on the money.

Yes, but they then said the Penguins did the right thing by signing Crosby to just 8.7m to counter the narrative that McDavid will be overpaid, when those 2 AAVs are EXACTLY the same percentage of the salary cap when signed.

Chicago is the wrong example, because it's not just Toews and Kane but also Hossa, Keith, Hjalmarsson and Seabrook who had huge deals already.

Is there a signing that these guys don't like?

It's like the draft.

"Oh, I really like this move for the [enter teamname]. They address a need and are definitely improving with this"

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Shattenkirk pondering = his ******* ****ing agent encouraging him to keep increasing his acting price. I hate agents so much.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Cammalleri to LA for $1m plus bonuses. If we had moved Nash I would have been very interested there.

I believe Chiason is a free agent. Could be a bargain there.

Maybe we circle back in a few days especially if Lindbergh doesn't re-sign and Vegas doesn't address the right side of their d, but I would try to swap Holden for Oscar.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Shattenkirk pondering = his ******* ****ing agent encouraging him to keep increasing his acting price. I hate agents so much.

yeah **** them for wanting to get their clients the best deal for them

what idiots

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Ok so rewriting this:

our D with shattenkirk signing:

1. Mcdonagh
2. Shattenkirk
3. Skjei
4. Smith
5. Staal
6. Holden
7. Klein(rumors about retiring nothing official so i assume hes staying)
8. Bear Gloves (KHL backout so i assume they want him in the NHL)
9. Pionk(i know nothing about him, but i assume he wants to play)
10. Graves(will be pushing for bottom pair role)

So theres realistically theres about 8 guys going to compete for 6 spots and 8 guys that have to be in the NHL. we can't send them down(or Bear Gloves flees to Russia)

I'm concerned about the lack of moves for Centers right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad