GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZ....uh...um....PEACEFULNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If they can get out from under Lecavalier and offload a guy like Umberger they'll be in a much better position cap wise. Bringing on Gagner also makes a Read or Schenn expendable. They've got a fairly decent to really good top 3 lines, but Vinny and Umberger are albatrosses, so I hope they're there forever.

Hextall has to be creative, espc since that blueline is mostly dire beyond Streit, but I would be willing to bet they finish this coming season higher than we do.

Philly can win high scoring games, but get them in any sort of close game and they're cooked as of now.

They didn't finish much farther ahead of us. We will finish ahead of them this year.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
They didn't finish much farther ahead of us. We will finish ahead of them this year.

I'd be shocked. They have a good offense and a serviceable defense & decent goaltender. With our cast, we don't know what to really expect beyond Schneider and a few others.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd be shocked. They have a good offense and a serviceable defense & decent goaltender. With our cast, we don't know what to really expect beyond Schneider and a few others.

Flyers sucked last year. Team is no better. Cory and the defense will be as good if not better, and the offense will be better. Easily make up the few points difference.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
PHI is probably in our tier, but at least they have Giroux and Voracek. They are both light years better than anyone we have at forward.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Flyers sucked last year. Team is no better. Cory and the defense will be as good if not better, and the offense will be better. Easily make up the few points difference.

Flyers have prominent front line scoring with Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds. And the secondary group isn't too shabby with Raffl and Schenn.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ

As much as I want to at least beat them, I don't think there's a big chance. Obviously, Cory gives us a chance to win almost any night, but I don't see us scoring enough. And no, they didnt finish much farther ahead than us, but they still did. Nothing so far this offseason other than us changing coaching (which could be the kicker) says to me we'll do better than them.

I do think we'll both be lottery teams again though.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011

Steve Mason only 26 last season and he put up a .928 SV%.

They have two PTS per Game forwards. We only had two skaters with over 40 PTS (43 and 42).

I won't be surprised if PHI finishes ahead of us.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
And Lars Severson and Cory are lightyears better then anyone they have on the blue line and in net. Your point?

Think you should look at Mason stats from last season.

PHI had 212 Goals and gave up 223 Goals.
NJD had 176 Goals and gave up 208 Goals.

PHI was significantly better than us last season and we didn't really add anyone to our Forward group besides Palmeria and our #6 pick.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Think you should look at Mason stats from last season.

PHI had 212 Goals and gave up 223 Goals.
NJD had 176 Goals and gave up 208 Goals.

PHI was significantly better than us last season and we didn't really add anyone to our Forward group besides Palmeria and our #6 pick.

Yes so significantly better they won ONE more game then us. ONE. 1. That is it. One win and 3 loser points is not significantly better. It isn't even better.

They were bottom 20 in both goals for and against when we were top 15 in goals against. We are going to score more goals this season then last. We aren't going to give up more since we have a top 5 goalie and growing excellent defense. Philly is going to be exactly the same. Giving up nearly 3 goals a night, and only scoring about 2 a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad