GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZ....uh...um....PEACEFULNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bleed you think everyone is terrible! :laugh:

He hasn't been nearly what he was in Chicago, since leaving there. He was even waived and bought out by Nashville just halfway into his deal.

Obviously he's not as bad as Tedenby, but I don't think we really missed out on anything by not signing him.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
As a mentor on a 1 year deal that you could trade at the deadline maybe. Don't want any part of Williams on a contract with a term over 1 year.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
is it just me or Justin Williams would make for incredible pick up and end our free agent frenzy for the summer ??

Just you. Yes, we don't look so hot right now, but signing a 33 year old for the terms it would take to get him to come here now is not worth it when we're not close to even competing in our own division. He's not going to come here for anything other than a crazy offer.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Still need to get rid of Zubrus though.

Best post of the day.

CUT him after camp. Don't care if his cap hit is on our books. It's not what matters to me, getting rid of the oldest, slowest, and by far the worst player on the team/full time forward in the league, is what matters to me.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Man msg+ is showing a replay from January right now and he Devils are winning but there was nothing remotely interesting on last year's team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Two year deal for Williams lol, so much for people worried he'd get 3 or 4.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Not really much left of interest in the FA pool, maybe a Matthias/Tlusty/Fehr type but i wouldn't give anyone more than two years at this point.

Probably better off exploring the trade market.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
With the Pens in cap hell, it almost makes too much sense to buy low. Sutter? Perron?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Oates to San Jose has been confirmed yet.

Hedberg to San Jose as goalie coach was confirmed, though not by Doug Wilson yet. He says he's waiting for the entire staff to be hired before commenting on that.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m2 minutes ago
Justin Williams agrees to two-year deal with Washington, $3.25 million AAV

That's a nice pick up for the Caps.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I wouldn't mind Matthias, provided he's still there a week or so down the road and we can bring him in for nice and cheap. He'd be good insurance if neither JJ or O'Brien can handle NHL center duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad