GDT: Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
That deal really makes no sense.

There is no way in hell that was the best offer for Oshie.

Does he have a NTC that we aren't aware of that only allowed a trade to Washington??

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Man I was so excited for this off-season, now it's nothing but frustration watching teams acquire players left and right for literal crap, turd pieces that we could exceed in a heartbeat.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Blues probably wanted a veteran like Brouwer that isn't signed for too long, we don't really have a guy like that. Jokinen is the closest thing and he's signed for too long.

All-in-all, more of a change of scenery move. Oshie has the better production, then again he's more of a skill guy and has injury concerns. Brouwer should fit well with the Blues.

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Guys..the blues are chasin the playoffs..

This is a lateral move.. which Oshie is better than Brouwer..

but that doesnt matter. Who do you think the blues would want from us ? picks? young players?

Who is on our top 2 lines? Hubs jagr barkov bjugs pirrir and possibly Rielly?

Blues needed someone to fill in a spot.. both players a shaky in the playoffs..both provide speed and toughness in the lineup immediately. We have no pieces like that in our lineup. If we do it would mean giving up one of the above.

Trochek, a 2nd and petrovic might sound awesome to us.. and a great return for oshie.. but in the end of the day the blues front office needs a player shakeup
to prepare for the playoffs...

Does it suck? Yes it does. But we would have to overpay out of the whazoo and they don't value our prospects and pieces they way we do. Its not difficult to understand.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
So locks for next year would be: TB, NYR, Pitt, Washington? Have to think MTL, Lumbus and NYI all have a better shot than us. So that pretty much means we'll have to beat out Boston and Detroit for 3rd in our division. I don't like our chances

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
So locks for next year would be: TB, NYR, Pitt, Washington? Have to think MTL, Lumbus and NYI all have a better shot than us. So that pretty much means we'll have to beat out Boston and Detroit for 3rd in our division. I don't like our chances

I don't see Boston as much as a threat compared to years past.

Detroit on the other hand, we'll see.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Guys..the blues are chasin the playoffs..

This is a lateral move.. which Oshie is better than Brouwer..

but that doesnt matter. Who do you think the blues would want from us ? picks? young players?

Who is on our top 2 lines? Hubs jagr barkov bjugs pirrir and possibly Rielly?

Blues needed someone to fill in a spot.. both players a shaky in the playoffs..both provide speed and toughness in the lineup immediately. We have no pieces like that in our lineup. If we do it would mean giving up one of the above.

Trochek, a 2nd and petrovic might sound awesome to us.. and a great return for oshie.. but in the end of the day the blues front office needs a player shakeup
to prepare for the playoffs...

Does it suck? Yes it does. But we would have to overpay out of the whazoo and they don't value our prospects and pieces they way we do. Its not difficult to understand.
Exactly.

This is a shake-up move for both teams without committing to a rebuild.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Sounds about right. Detroit has improved more than we have so far this offseason with the additions of Green and Richards. Boston has gotten worse than us.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Oshie would have been nice next to Bjugs, but who did we have that was like Brouwer?

Yeah, no one with his resume. Wasn't happening for us. I'll take Smith and continue to hope for Sharp.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Well, as I mentioned before, there are only 5 spots open to us. So NYR, Washington, and one of Columbus or Pitt take the 3rd met, meaning one of Columbus And Pitt plus the NYI are playing for wildcard. In our division, Tampa takes one so that leaves 4 spots open.

Tl;dr.... Damn

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Dale can't be troubled to acquire a scoring winger because "they won't put us over the top."
Meanwhile he has no problem signing goofs like Dave Bolland for big money. We may not put the puck in the net but we will make our fans proud with #character and that's what really counts.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
WTF Tallon, grow a pair of balls and make a move! All of these players are going cheap
The fact that we could have outbid that particular offer, doesn't necessarily mean that the Blues would have accepted it.

Oshie and Brouwer are the main pieces of the trade, we don't have a Brouwer on our team.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
There's still Sharp people relax... If he goes then let mayhem proceed. We didn't have a Brouwer like player on our team.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
The fact that we could have outbid that particular offer, doesn't necessarily mean that the Blues would have accepted it.

Oshie and Brouwer are the main pieces of the trade, we don't have a Brouwer on our team.

It's not like St Louis is in the same conference, so why the hell wouldn't they accept a more valuable package from us? "Oh no thanks Dale we'd rather be worse off."

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

Boyes would have been perfect to have right about now for that.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Honestly, it's not so much that the trade didn't happen for us, I think we are just starting to doubt Dale is trying for these players anymore, Unless he says hey we tried but they didn't accept.

He was transparent pos Talbot trade, transparent post Kessel trade (bs on his part by the way).

But I doubt he inquired about this one, or Saad ( though his contract probably will be too much) etc etc.

How do we know Blues would not have taken our offer if there was no offer?

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Brouwer did score 43 points last year, he's a lot better than I thought. Not a bad deal for both teams really, we probably could have matched, but they were probably looking for a veteran player like Jokinen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad