Free Agency XIII | All Pens FA News, Legit FA Rumors, Trade Ideas Here ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have said it a few times, if we are looking to bring in leadership for this team still, then we have very serious problems with the core of this team. I hope that is not the case.

With the recent past, (playoffs) I do believe that to be the case.

They are just to good to cast away, though.

We'll see with what they have already brought in if they are grounded enough.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
With the recent past, (playoffs) I do believe that to be the case.

They are just to good to cast away, though.

We'll see with what they have already brought in if they are grounded enough.

The coach has to be part of the leadership of a team. Disco was not a good influence in that way. I also think guys like Orpik were toxic in the room.

I also think Kane would actually help with keeping Sid calmed down. Sid gets like that when he is getting messed with, and Kane will punch the dude who is messing with him in the face. I wouldn't expect Kane to come in here and be a model citizen. I would be extremely disappointed if he was.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The coach has to be part of the leadership of a team. Disco was not a good influence in that way. I also think guys like Orpik were toxic in the room.

I also think Kane would actually help with keeping Sid calmed down. Sid gets like that when he is getting messed with, and Kane will punch the dude who is messing with him in the face.
I wouldn't expect Kane to come in here and be a model citizen. I would be extremely disappointed if he was.

Totally agree with those points. We know when certain players are even above those put forth to guide them (coaching/management)can even be a struggle to reel them in considering the power they (Sid/Geno) hold within that struggle.

That's about as big you can get with ego's and maturity issues.

We should always expect players to be model citizens. Not perfect, but they should be as close as possible.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Totally agree with those points. We know when certain players are even above those put forth to guide them (coaching/management)can even be a struggle to reel them in considering the power they (Sid/Geno) hold within that struggle.

That's about as big you can get with ego's and maturity issues.

We should always expect players to be model citizens. Not perfect, but they should be as close as possible.

I meant on the ice. I would want Kane to be an *******. I would want him to punch people in the face. Slash and hit guys. Stir **** up. Obviously I don't want him committing crimes or anything off the ice.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I meant on the ice. I would want Kane to be an *******. I would want him to punch people in the face. Slash and hit guys. Stir **** up. Obviously I don't want him committing crimes or anything off the ice.

I'm for all of that except for the final part as well, but there's still the right and wrong way even on the ice.

Lets just say we don't need more of the same old stuff, something we can't be fully assured Kane won't do. I'm just not so sure about his character.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm for all of that except for the final part as well, but there's still the right and wrong way even on the ice.

Lets just say we don't need more of the same old stuff, something we can't be fully assured Kane won't do. I'm just not so sure about his character.

we are going to get slashed. we are going to get hit. Trying to be morally better than other teams puts us at a disadvantage.

Michael8771*

Hockeybuzz, yes Ek mentioned something about Sutter and the Habs. A friend of mine called just a minute ago and said he saw something on twitter about us being interested in Lars Eller. I myself didn't see it, don't have twitter. In any case I looked up their contracts, virtually the same salary with Ellers being for four years instead of two. They were both drafted in '07 two spots a part. Doesn't seem like anything but a parallel move if there's any truth to it. Not that I think there is, but who knows. Eller's more physical.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hockeybuzz, yes Ek mentioned something about Sutter and the Habs. A friend of mine called just a minute ago and said he saw something on twitter about us being interested in Lars Eller. I myself didn't see it, don't have twitter. In any case I looked up their contracts, virtually the same salary with Ellers being for four years instead of two. They were both drafted on 07 two spots a part.

that just seems like such a strange trade. Aren't they essentially the same player?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
we are going to get slashed. we are going to get hit. Trying to be morally better than other teams puts us at a disadvantage.

I think stating Tochett saying about being able to take a hit without having to retaliate best discribes what I'm trying to get at here.

The whole getting into another teams kitchen is good, but you have to be able to take your medicane as well when it comes back at you. I'm talking clean hits and what not.

If you watched Geno and Neal the past couple seasons they were continuously ready to explode on players for even clean hits.

Morally, they should be able to do that much, take hits, shut your mouth, and play the game on routine legal plays.

Michael8771*

Like they even need another center period in the piece coming back.

Total wash.
I don't think it'll happen, but if did I do like the fact that we'd have a good solid two way player under control for four years instead of two. And he does hit a bit more. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but yeah, not gonna do cartwheels either.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Holy, I'd do Eller for Sutter in a heartbeat..........much more potential, more physical, on paper we would have a better PP2 unit...he can translate to wing sometimes if I'm not wrong...yeah I wouldn't do cartwheels, but I'd be excited for it

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Hockeybuzz, yes Ek mentioned something about Sutter and the Habs. A friend of mine called just a minute ago and said he saw something on twitter about us being interested in Lars Eller. I myself didn't see it, don't have twitter. In any case I looked up their contracts, virtually the same salary with Ellers being for four years instead of two. They were both drafted in '07 two spots a part. Doesn't seem like anything but a parallel move if there's any truth to it. Not that I think there is, but who knows. Eller's more physical.

This rumor doesn't seem all that logical unless Eller requested a trade and the Habs want another guy to sort of do the same thing. And I'm not sure why he would want to be moved after signing an extension not that long ago.

In short, nah.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site

I'm still waiting for Crosby to get traded...

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
that just seems like such a strange trade. Aren't they essentially the same player?

But it would give Pittsburgh someone who's suited for the #3C role... and who's locked up for the next 4 seasons. But I don't see why MTL would do it...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
But it would give Pittsburgh someone who's suited for the #3C role... and who's locked up for the next 4 seasons. But I don't see why MTL would do it...

Instead of someone who's suited for the #3C role and locked up for the next 2 seasons. I guess that is better, but we'd most likely be adding because of that extra term. Is that worth the extra asset we give up? I don't think so.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Instead of someone who's suited for the #3C role and locked up for the next 2 seasons. I guess that is better, but we'd most likely be adding because of that extra term. Is that worth the extra asset we give up? I don't think so.

I honestly don't like Sutter's game as a #3C. Not sure Eller is all that much better... but I wouldn't add to him to get Eller, so I guess it's a moot point. I also don't think Mtl would be trading one for the other... but would be looking at moving other pieces.

Michael8771*

Agreed, Eller's game IMO is more suitable to being a conventional 3rd line center (than Sutter). I can't imagine it being anything but a straight up deal, again even if it would happen. Sutter isn't physical at all, and to me that is a definite negative. I prefer Ellers game, but not to the point I'd be adding in the deal. Well, maybe a 7th rounder or something ridiculously small.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fordy

May 28, 2008

I have no idea what is going through people's heads when they act like Kane is some loose cannon on the ice. What has he ever done in a game to earn this reputation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad