Free Agency XIII | All Pens FA News, Legit FA Rumors, Trade Ideas Here ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I find it funny when people say Kane would fit well here or checks of boxes well. One of the best young wingers would fit here? Really? Would also fit well on 29 other teams.

He'd fit well anywhere. He'd be just about ideal here. What's the problem with saying that?

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
He'd fit well anywhere. He'd be just about ideal here. What's the problem with saying that?

Nothing, I agree he would be just about ideal here. He's one of the best players in his position and I'd love to have him here if it could work out. But that's kind of like saying Parise or Ryan or Hossa would be ideal here. Not trying to disagree with anyone, I just find it funny.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Nothing, I agree he would be just about ideal here. He's one of the best players in his position and I'd love to have him here if it could work out. But that's kind of like saying Parise or Ryan or Hossa would be ideal here. Not trying to disagree with anyone, I just find it funny.

Then you're missing the point.

There aren't many players in the league who could provide the combo of size, speed, skill and mean streak that Kane does.

He'd be our Lucic, except tailor made for Sid b/c of his style of game.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Then you're missing the point.

There aren't many players in the league who could provide the combo of size, speed, skill and mean streak that Kane does.

He'd be our Lucic, except tailor made for Sid b/c of his style of game.

Which is something every team wants. That is his point.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Which is something every team wants. That is his point.

Kane, Evander. Fills specific needs of this team and our #1C. More so than many other high end wingers like Bobby Ryan. No **** other teams would like to have him.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'm using Nichuskin strictly as an example to show we should that we should move one of the top-end talents now.....

I'm not saying it makes sense for the Stars to trade him, but crazier things have happened involving Dallas front office.

When is the last time the Pens had a winger with moves like that?

That front office is long gone. Almost no chance Dallas trades that kid to anyone in either conference. He fills a huge need for them that no one else on that team can fill.

Damn that kid is fun to watch.

Yyyep. Will also be fun to watch that line develop if Ruff lets it develop -- should be one of the best in the league. That division in general is just brutal. If you think Evander Kane is unhappy now, give it 3 or 4 months. They're going to get abused in a big way. :laugh: McDavid territory.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kane, Evander. Fills specific needs of this team and our #1C. More so than many other high end wingers like Bobby Ryan. No **** other teams would like to have him.

At even strength, I agree. Ryan being a right shot would make him absolutely ridiculous here on the powerplay though. Kane wouldn't even be on our top powerplay.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
At even strength, I agree. Ryan being a right shot would make him absolutely ridiculous here on the powerplay though. Kane wouldn't even be on our top powerplay.

I'd take Kane over Ryan without thinking twice about it.

Country Mac

Violent Gents Unite
Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA
My wet dream is a line of Kane-Crosby-Hörnqvist. Sid and Kane motor everybody down together while Hörnqvist does the dirty work and clears up the garbage around the net. That line would be absolute hell to play against.

Malkin would get Kunitz and Bennett, which is still a damn good line.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

Yeah, but Kane can also kill penalties. His speed and skill would make him a big time threat shorthanded.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd take Kane over Ryan for sure. I was just giving a reason why someone might argue for Ryan being close to an ideal winger here.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Though Kane would be a great addition to the team, I think we all learned with Neal that not every player is of the perfect fit. Meaning...we all do not know how he'll fit in in all faucets of the team on and off the ice. Kane has shown good and bad qualities.

One is; Can he handle being 3rd/4th fiddle on a team with players much more skilled than even he is?

Just to not be confused by that statement here are the three players I would say are better or at least equal to him.

Crosby and Malkin are no contest, but Letang is most likely equal or better then Kane. The reason I'd say Letang is better than Kane is for the fact he's that good from a harder position that is defence.

Personally, I think guys like his captain of his current team are the true perfect fit for this team, and Kane would be another ego that needs stroked. A Neal for Kane would have been a great swap had they went that way, but really they'd be just trading one ego for another. So while I say I'd like him on our team, he's not what I would say is the perfect fit. We need grounded players who'll compliment what we do already have and can ground them as well. Hornqvist is certainly that type. A great player who is not going to be so good that his ego needs put in check. If we could get a guy in his mid 20's the likes of Hornqvist with a little more size would be awesome.

The problem is who's out there fits that stero type who is or will be available?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't think ego is a bad thing. I also think if he wanted to be the best player on his team, he'd stay where he is. He seems to want to go to a better team, and most (maybe all) better teams will have someone better than him.

Michael8771*

I believe we could go after Kane and IF the jets would ever trade him, we very well could be in the mix. Of course, that would likely mean we're parting with Maatta and one of Sutter or BB. That would be interesting.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Losing Maatta would suck, but if we got to keep Bennett that would be worth it.

Kane-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett

Man...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Anyone look at the old Dupuis-Scuderi-Adams signing threads and laugh. ? Or it's just me :)

the Scuds signing was so weird for me. I had been arguing against signing him for a while, but I just really like Scuds. I couldn't bring myself to be upset about it, even though I didn't like the signing from the start. I believe my first thought was "I hope we trade Orpik now"

Michael8771*

Losing Maatta would suck, but if we got to keep Bennett that would be worth it.

Kane-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett

Man...
I'd switch Horntoad with BB there but yeah, not bad. Maatta is a pretty big trade chip we have if we went that route. That said I'm a bit leary of doing that. If he turns out the way I think he will, long term we could regret it. But Kane would look nice next to Sid.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't think ego is a bad thing. I also think if he wanted to be the best player on his team, he'd stay where he is. He seems to want to go to a better team, and most (maybe all) better teams will have someone better than him.

Maybe ego isn't the right word to use, I should have gone with, maturity. Like you said, ego isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not if it can be pulled in with solid players around him, but the same could be said of maturity.

This team has/had plenty of guys who struggle(d) with both at times.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd switch Horntoad with BB there but yeah, not bad. Maatta is a pretty big trade chip we have if we went that route. That said I'm a bit leary of doing that. If he turns out the way I think he will, long term we could regret it. But Kane would loook nice next to Sid.

the right wings can certainly go either way. You're probably right, assuming Sid starts going towards the net as hard as he did in his rocket season.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maybe ego isn't the right word to use, I should have gone with, maturity. Like you said, ego isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not if it can be pulled in with solid players around him, but the same could be said of maturity.

This team has/had plenty of guys who struggle(d) with both at times.

Sid seems like the perfect guy for him to play with in that regard. Having the best player on the team being probably the hardest working player on the team has to help with that. If he works hard to be a great player, I don't give a **** if he tweets pictures with stacks of cash all the damn time.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sid seems like the perfect guy for him to play with in that regard. Having the best player on the team being probably the hardest working player on the team has to help with that. If he works hard to be a great player, I don't give a **** if he tweets pictures with stacks of cash all the damn time.

The problem with that, sometimes Sid leads the way with those struggles. It's not always about being a hard worker because, him being a hard worker doesn't exclude the fact Sid stuggles with with both, and we have seen in the past this team being of "Monkey see, Monkey do", mentality.

I agree, not worried about the money pics.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The problem with that, sometimes Sid leads the way with those struggles. It's not always about being a hard worker because, him being a hard worker doesn't exclude the fact Sid stuggles with with both, and we have seen in the past this team being of "Monkey see, Monkey do", mentality.

I agree, not worried about the money pics.

I have said it a few times, if we are looking to bring in leadership for this team still, then we have very serious problems with the core of this team. I hope that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad