Salary Cap: Free Agency VIII | All Pens FA News, Legit FA Rumors, Trade Ideas Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
It certainly wouldn't hurt trying to convince Kevin Hayes to come to Pittsburgh. Show him a presentation of the past successful players from Boston College that played for Pittsburgh. Have Sidney Crosby and Mario Lemieux talk to him. He played with Brian Dumoulin and Phillip Samuelsson at Boston College.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
The alleged reason he won't sign with Chicago is that he is prioritizing getting to the NHL immediately and their line-up would be tough for him to crack. I think Calgary and Florida are just being speculated for the reasons mentioned.

You would think the opportunity that Pittsburgh could offer might intrigue him.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hayes also played the off-wing with Gaudreau, so we could be looking at the next James Neal here.

I realize that has negative connotations on this board nowadays, but I view it as only positive.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to trade for Hayes' rights now and talk to him for a month to see if there's a way to get him signed. Maybe have Tommy Fitzgerald speak to him.

Keeping with the Tocchet's statements of having players playing on their "on-wing", Crosby's style not meshing so well with Bennett, and me wanting grit and playmaking on each line:

Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett
Hayes-Crosby-Hornqvist

Not bad, not bad at all.

Also, I've seen a discrepancy in what handedness Hayes is. Is he actually lefty?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Keeping with the Tocchet's statements of having players playing on their "on-wing", Crosby's style not meshing so well with Bennett, and me wanting grit and playmaking on each line:

Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett
Hayes-Crosby-Hornqvist

Not bad, not bad at all.

Also, I've seen a discrepancy in what handedness Hayes is. Is he actually lefty?

yeah pretty sure he's left-handed, and brother Jimmy is the righty.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
I'd make the Hayes kid an offer, he'd be a very good piece to add in to the system. But let's keep in mind he's way too unproven to just pencil into the top 6 for next year, even as dire as the winger group looks right now. He'd have to earn his keep like everybody else.

I can't see any good team rolling out the red carpet for a draft dodger.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
I am 100% convinced SOMEBODY would claim Adams if waived. The league seems to love our players. Heck, it'll probably be Washington who claims Adams.

Brian MacLellan must truly love what we used to be.

QUOTE]

Worst case, Reirden could throw him back on d

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
The alleged reason he won't sign with Chicago is that he is prioritizing getting to the NHL immediately and their line-up would be tough for him to crack. I think Calgary and Florida are just being speculated for the reasons mentioned.

You would think the opportunity that Pittsburgh could offer might intrigue him.

Hard to blame him on that one. Chicago has a deep forward group. But while we could offer him a solid chance... we also have the bodies to bump him if he can't play in the NHL... where as Calgary/Florida do not really have that, and as they're rebuilding, could allow him to struggle through any adjustment pains he may have.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Hard to blame him on that one. Chicago has a deep forward group. But while we could offer him a solid chance... we also have the bodies to bump him if he can't play in the NHL... where as Calgary/Florida do not really have that, and as they're rebuilding, could allow him to struggle through any adjustment pains he may have.

Yeah I would like to say "yeah but we have Sid and Geno" but that hasn't seemed to make much of a difference with guys wanting to sign here.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh

Very true. Here, he would have a really good opportunity but no promises of a spot, let alone top six spot. If he's so allergic to the AHL than heck with him.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Very true. Here, he would have a really good opportunity but no promises of a spot, let alone top six spot. If he's so allergic to the AHL than heck with him.

I agree with that. I mean, what more could a college free agent want than a crack at the top 6 wing spot next to Crosby or Malkin? In Pittsburgh, he should be told he has to beat out 2 of Bennett, Downie, and Dupuis for top 6 spots. If he's not willing to take that challenge, then we don't want him on the NHL roster anyway.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
So apparently E. Kane went on a Vancouver radio show and when asked if he wanted to be a Jet, he didn't say yes. That situation is seriously ****ed up.

I want that kid on this team somehow.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
So apparently E. Kane went on a Vancouver radio show and when asked if he wanted to be a Jet, he didn't say yes. That situation is seriously ****ed up.

Yeah he said "well I'm a Jet for now" or something like that. Basically said, as long as he is with the team he is a Jet. Also said there have been trade rumors basically since he has been in Winnipeg. He seems like a guy that has officially checked out. That's a tough call for the GM.

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA

Yeah I saw some of his quotes. It sounded like to me that he still wants out of there. Man if JR could find a way to bring him here... Most of this board will be thrilled :handclap:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sucks for the Jets.

I'm not surprised, though. I figured one of that team's biggest issues was simply going to be selling new and existing players on the idea of, well... living in Winnipeg for ~8 months out of the year. That sounds harsh, I guess. But until they build a proven winner to sweeten the deal, I think that's going to be a reality there.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Drive that value down, Evander. Drive It Down.

Attitude/behavioral problems, him not wanting to be there and concerns about him having tunnel vision. :nod:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah I saw some of his quotes. It sounded like to me that he still wants out of there. Man if JR could find a way to bring him here... Most of this board will be thrilled :handclap:

Yeah that would be awesome. I still say Maatta+Sutter could get it done. I love Maatta, but Kane makes this team lethal and Spaling/Goc can battle it out for 3C:

Kane-Crosby-Hornqvist (WOW)
Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett
Dupuis-Spaling-Downie
Comeau-Goc-Megs
Sill

Martin-Letang
Despres-Ehrhoff
Dumo/Harry-Bortuzzo
Sammy

It would require dumping Scuds but man that's a great lineup.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think Kane is just a typical young somewhat immature kid who wants to win but he's playing for a team in the middle of nowhere where he is in the spotlight constantly, and their lack of success is making the situation worse.

Both parties should just go their separate ways.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'd love to see Sid flanked by Kane and Downie. See if anyone ****s with him then.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
I'd love to see Sid flanked by Kane and Downie. See if anyone ****s with him then.

I was thinking the same thing! Let Sid roll with these two and put Kunitz and Hornqvist with Geno. Damn that would be awesome, too bad it's probably a pipe dream at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad