Speculation: Free Agency Thread

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
25mLiOU.jpg

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Can someone explain something to me. I thought moving Elliot was because they were trying to be "creative" to try and free some money up for 42 but he still ended up walking. So now we gave Ells up for a pick who has a 30% chance of making it in the NHL and still no 42. Am I hearing this right?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Can someone explain something to me. I thought moving Elliot was because they were trying to be "creative" to try and free some money up for 42 but he still ended up walking. So now we gave Ells up for a pick who has a 30% chance of making it in the NHL and still no 42. Am I hearing this right?

Ells was moved because he asked for a trade. It had nothing to do with the salary cap.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
You're right.

Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Stastny-Berglund
Sobotka-Steen-Perron
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves
Jaskin

Still not a playoff team.

Flip Reaves and Jaskin then Berglund and Perron. Plus I read somewhere (it might have been here) Steen was going to be the center for Schwartz and Tara next year.

Schwartz-Steen-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Stastny-Perron
Sobotka-Lehtera-Berglund
Upshall-Brodziak-Jaskin
Reaves-Rattie

Boumeester-Pietrangelo
Gunnerson-Parayko
Edmundson-Shattenkirk
Lindbolm-Bortuzzo

Allen
Hutton.

It's honestly not that bad of a line up. Lehtera is pretty good defensively, and Sobe and Bergy are pretty sound also. Perron has a decent finish so him with Fab/Stas would probably net him a few extra goals. If Steen can transition to center and his shoulder holds up it sould be a pretty good 1st line.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis

He asked to leave because the Blues continued to give him the shaft over several years. And I really can't blame him. The cup will be hoisted by the Bruins and then the Flames. This is just how it always plays out.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Blues pick up Kenny Agostino, could be an interesting signing. Had 57 points in 65 games last year in the AHL(Stockton Heat). The deal is one way too so I guess management project him to see some time with the Blues.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Blues pick up Kenny Agostino, could be an interesting signing. Had 57 points in 65 games last year in the AHL(Stockton Heat). The deal is one way too so I guess management project him to see some time with the Blues.

Graduated from Yale - he can replace Backes now as the guy who toots his own horn about having a college degree! (I'm mostly just kidding with backes, although he did do that quite a bit).

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Actually I highly doubt the Blues expect him to play in the NHL. The Blues budget is usually a bit above the cap. This allows us to sign guys to 1-way deals and still stash them in minors. It makes us more attractive to quality depth players despite there being no NHL role for them. We did it last year with Butler. We will probably do it again with some defenseman. There just isn't room for Agostino to start the season in the NHL. We have 13 forwards already with Rattie and Paajarvi fighting for the 14th spot: Berglund, Brodziak, Fabbri, Jaskin, Lehtera, Perron, Reaves, Schwartz, Sobotka, Stastny, Steen, Tarasenko, and Upshall. Agostino will probably fight with Rattie and Paajarvi in camp, but the end result will be 2 one-way deals in the AHL.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So is the Sobotka thing for sure happening? If so, when?

Because we always hear about how he's coming back but it seems to drag on and nothing materializes. At least Armstrong has said he's gotten confirmation from him and his agent this time. But I still don't really trust Sobotka 100%.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Because we always hear about how he's coming back but it seems to drag on and nothing materializes. At least Armstrong has said he's gotten confirmation from him and his agent this time. But I still don't really trust Sobotka 100%.

Armstrong said he was penciling him in as one of the forwards in his post-FA conference call. So I think it is likely. It would suck though if he didn't, because we are planning for him. We could have signed Stempniak or a similar player if we had known he wasn't coming.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis

I follow a few KHL insiders and have read multiple tweets that the paperwork process to essentially break a deal over there and come here is incredibly long. It may be out of Sobokta's hands at this point

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Army said he's heard from the agent and Soby saying he's coming back, so I take that as a pretty sure bet. The only thing that could hold it up is some sort of legal/paperwork nonsense in the KHL, which with the way that gongshow of a hockey league is run would not be out of the question.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia

sup BlueDream :laugh:
XPFIEYo.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad