Free Agency thread part II

What UFA most likely signs with the habs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Wayne Simmonds is such a ****ing bad idea.

Looks like last year was an aberration. They are just idiots who buy into whatever false narratives accompanies this year's Cup winner.

Blues as a team were bottom 5 amongst playoff teams for hits per game. Their leading scorers were all sub 6'0.

Idiotic

Yeah lets trot out Drouin, Byron, Shaw, Gallagher, Domi, Tatar, Lehkonen and whatever other small forwards out there again and pray they don't get worn out by the end of February again when we go to Nashville or St louis. A 6'2 net presence is clearly just a god awful idea and will never work out here.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
My mole is better then your wart.
I don't care about both players... difference is one would cost an arm and leg... the other is RFA and we can get rid of him now or next year.

The difference in play and impact of both players is marginal at best.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Yeah lets trot out Drouin, Byron, Shaw, Gallagher, Domi, Tatar, Lehkonen and whatever other small forwards out there again and pray they don't get worn out by the end of February again when we go to Nashville or St louis. A 6'2 net presence is clearly just a god awful idea and will never work out here.
Lucic, Ladd, Clarksson, Backes... and now Simmonds... absolutely no f***ing need of Simmonds.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Lucic, Ladd, Clarksson, Backes... and now Simmonds... absolutely no ****ing need of Simmonds.

Obviously, signing him to a Lucic-like or Ladd-like deal would be awful. Nobody advocates for that. But let's say 2 years, between 3,000,000 and 3,500,000 a year, it COULD be a fine investment, depending on the role you give him.

I'm just not sure where we'd fit him with the plethora of wingers we have right now on the roster. But to say some toughness/grit/size wouldn't be welcome in our lineup is ridiculous. It's not a PRIMORDIAL need as finding a top-4 LHD is, but if there's room remaining under the cap, and the term is right, why the hell not?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Lucic, Ladd, Clarksson, Backes... and now Simmonds... absolutely no ****ing need of Simmonds.

not sure i get that? Wayne is a leader...and not slow like some here claim ....At the RIGHT price..yes , he'd be a heck of a add for Habs ....

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Obviously, signing him to a Lucic-like or Ladd-like deal would be awful. Nobody advocates for that. But let's say 2 years, between 3,000,000 and 3,500,000 a year, it COULD be a fine investment, depending on the role you give him.

I'm just not sure where we'd fit him with the plethora of wingers we have right now on the roster. But to say some toughness/grit/size wouldn't be welcome in our lineup is ridiculous. It's not a PRIMORDIAL need as finding a top-4 LHD is, but if there's room remaining under the cap, and the term is right, why the hell not?
Someone will give him 3X 6million

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010

Those guys were all signed to long term deals. Like I said, 3 years im in, anything more im out. He gives this team something it doesn't have but im not signing him for anything more than 3 years. This team is still tiny up front, especially in the top 6 and he helps the pp that was so bad, yet this would be awful. Good lord.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Only if it’s one of those hairy moles
That’s how I feel when I see Armia on the PP or the top 6
Do posters not get we were 2pts out of the playoffs?
And they wanna stand pat. C mon

The answer to what ailes is wont be found in either. We need an offensive star and a PMLD. Either of these guys are neither.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Yeah we should also acquire Andrew Ladd David Backes and Milan Lucic. Those guys were steals.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Wayne Simmonds 2-3 years ago sure.. now ? no. Not a need, and we need the cap space for signing Lehk/Armia, a backup and a LD.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah im definitely advocating for a 6-7 year Mega deal for Wayne Simmonds.

Yes Wayne 8 years 99 million ..Gretzky tribute deal ...:)

What the nay sayers who don't want him need to remember how bad was the Habs PP last year?

If anyone took time they would see Wayne scored near 70 POWERPLAY goals from 2013-14 to 2017-18 season...

Yeah ,still just 30 yr old..still some tip and bang them home magic left in his stick yet...

At the right price.IF there's a discount ,you bet sign the man up..and lets go .

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Simmonds is not even 20% of what Gallagher is right now

Come on ...lol that's not true.
And BGally is goona cost us 8.5-9 million a yr very soon!

If we can get Wayne at 4 million range...well, that would be a deal eh?

Power play goals by Simmonds

last yr 5

I bet on the man to bounce back in 2019...and we NEED PP help

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hope they stay far away from Simmonds. We got bailed out on Lucic by Edmonton being even dumber and going an extra year, I'm scared we won't get as lucky this time.

Simmonds is way faster than Lucic ...nobody calls Wayne slow...he still got good speed...

Lucic , (speeds) a struggle for him ...

Simmonds scores PP goals,hangs around out front the net,.,,.

Powerplay goals by Wayne last 6 seasons
last yr 5

Powerplay goals by Brendan Gallagher last 6 yrs...

Last yr 4

THEY BOTH HANG AROUND THE NET....Wayne's much better on the PP.

Last edited:

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I’d rather sign Corey Perry.
But Simmonds for 2 years 4M$ per is ok.

Nothing exceeding 2 years. Ideally 2x2.5 but it will be realistically around 4M$. He could be a good 2nd or 3rd liner in a « protector » role. But bahhhh, last optionif we cant hit on anything else. Not a priority whatsoever.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Miller?? 13 goals? 5.5 a year? The guy is average.
Byron and Shaw are better and coulda easily be traded to open up cap.
Who’s talking clarkson? That’s even worse. I wanna improve now. Not in 3 years.

The problem that you seem to want to ignore is that giving Jake Gardiner $7 million on a long term deal is not only not improving the team, it's eating up cap space that will soon be needed for players already on the roster and in the pipeline.

Gardiner is not the answer.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
The problem that you seem to want to ignore is that giving Jake Gardiner $7 million on a long term deal is not only not improving the team, it's eating up cap space that will soon be needed for players already on the roster and in the pipeline.

Gardiner is not the answer.
Who said gardiner? Not me
Also i don’t know how other teams trade players to open cap. Maybe it’s too complex for Bergevin
Byron Shaw dealt. Boom 7.4 million. Really hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad