Post-Game Talk: Free Agency Part 2

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Potentially minor kids were still under the supervision of hockey Canada unless the parents of all kids were present at the gala. If this was proven to be the case that all kids were with their parents at the gala i might change my stance about it.
Are 19 year olds (and a few 18 year olds) considered minors? They're old enough to get a criminal record, live on their own, go to college and live in dorms, off-campus apartments etc. Hockey Canada was stupid to allow an open bar at the gala but it's hard to put 19 year olds under house arrest when there is no game to prepare for.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Are 19 year olds (and a few 18 year olds) considered minors? They're old enough to get a criminal record, live on their own, go to college and live in dorms, off-campus apartments etc. Hockey Canada was stupid to allow an open bar at the gala but it's hard to put 19 year olds under house arrest when there is no game to prepare for.

16-17 are though. u20 team has the potential to have 17 years old players. Rules should not change whatever there is 17 years old players or not. They should take no chance and apply the same rules all the time. Like i said some NHL team have stricter rules on the road ...

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
16-17 are though. u20 team has the potential to have 17 years old players. Rules should not change whatever there is 17 years old players or not. They should take no chance and apply the same rules all the time. Like i said some NHL team have stricter rules on the road ...
They weren't on the road though. They were at a social event to raise money for Hockey Canada and celebrate their championship. Hockey Canada screwed up big time in many ways (allowing open bar, attempting to cover the incident up, not informing the executive board etc) but they can't shackle young men in the offseason. At the end of the day, these douches got in trouble on their own.

Reactions: Runner77 and LaP

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not sure why anyone is shocked by all of the dirt that's coming out of Hockey Canada...if you've spent any amount of time around amateur or professional hockey players, this isn't surprising.

I've seen some abhorrent things be laughed off like it was just part of the deal with being an aspiring or current NHL player.

The only difference now is hockey players are no longer shielded by the glare of society, so all of that dirt is getting exposed.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Ayaaaaaaaaaaaaa so much for Huberdeau to the Habs
1466366209-risitas24.png

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Letang, Malkin, Dubois, Huberdeau…
Who’s next:laugh:

Miles Wood, add another one!

Last edited:

Ad