Speculation: Free Agency - Part 2

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
Wondering if Ottawa will be make any offers on Anthony Cirelli or Mikhail Sergachev. Tampa Bay desperately needs cap space and Sens still have the room to spend. Something around Erik brannstrom & Logan Brown for Sergachev & Cirelli

Reactions: SensFactor

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Wondering if Ottawa will be make any offers on Anthony Cirelli or Mikhail Sergachev. Tampa Bay desperately needs cap space and Sens still have the room to spend. Something around Erik brannstrom & Logan Brown for Sergachev & Cirelli

Serg will be way too expensive and probably Bolts very last option to move. I think Cirelli is a good target though. Brown ++

Reactions: topshelf15

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Serg will be way too expensive and probably Bolts very last option to move. I think Cirelli is a good target though. Brown ++
Why not offersheet Cirelli.

TBL drafted Jack Finley .. 6'5 205 C. he's a couple or more years away though

Reactions: Frank8

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

Because you're likely looking at a first and a third, or a first, second, and third. As a team that supposedly wants to "rebuild from within", I don't think it would be prudent to spend what could likely be a lottery pick on a player that isn't going to get you over the hump.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Because you're likely looking at a first and a third, or a first, second, and third. As a team that supposedly wants to "rebuild from within", I don't think it would be prudent to spend what could likely be a lottery pick on a player that isn't going to get you over the hump.

I don't think so. We could go 4.2 x 5. (4.2 AAV) and if accepted Tampa would have to match and we'd have to give up a 2nd. They could match and clear cap elsewhere but its going to hurt.

Cirelli is 23.. So we are acquiring a young player

Reactions: Frank8

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Im not feeling the offersheet vibe with Dorion for some reason, I just don't see it happening. Plus Cirelli will have to sign it and Id imagine the only way you move out of Tampa with a very strong team, beautiful weather and beaches, is via trade and being stuck as an rfa or LOTS of $ in an offersheet.

If Tampa get stuck with their contracts I think a trade is a better option since his value would forced to be cheaper.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Im not feeling the offersheet vibe with Dorion for some reason, I just don't see it happening. Plus Cirelli will have to sign it and Id imagine the only way you move out of Tampa with a very strong team, beautiful weather and beaches, is via trade and being stuck as an rfa or LOTS of $ in an offersheet.

If Tampa get stuck with their contracts I think a trade is a better option since his value would forced to be cheaper.
Dorion need to keep some good Will. We are dirt poor. And he’s not necessarily part of the old boys club like some others are. Both those things mean you can’t be an asshole on the market. He will stay in his lane as he should.

Reactions: Yak and swiftwin

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don't think so. We could go 4.2 x 5. (4.2 AAV) and if accepted Tampa would have to match and we'd have to give up a 2nd. They could match and clear cap elsewhere but its going to hurt.

Cirelli is 23.. So we are acquiring a young player
That’s a big payday. We could have two Colin White contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad