GDT: Free Agency Nonsense Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
This thread running wild. I will quote what I said before to try and get on track.

Kklein could probably fetch 2nd/3rd + on his own. He is a great #5 and good #4 with a friendly cap hit. Does it make sense to move him for a 4th/5th just to rid the existence of Glass as a NYR? What teams potential takers?

Then, you hopefully have room for Semin/Scoring UFA and all your RFA's.

Stalberg should be on the 4th line on this team, he's not that good a offensive hockey player. Someone said it perfect, fast and dumb, put him out against slow 4th liners and hopefully he can bring back scoring to our 4th line...Tanner Glass anchored it so badly.

I think the thought behind it was to trade Klein while his value is high and somehow to throw in Glass. Yes, to get rid of him to be replaced by someone younger, cheaper and in all likelihood better as well as shedding some salary from Klein to take care of other signings this offseason... Stepan, Miller, Fast and thats about it.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Dont hate it, but Id flip Etem and Fast.

Etem hasn't shown anything. Word from Ducks fans are that Etem is beyond frustrating because he has the tools but clearly has yet to put it together at the NHL level. I'm not writing him off yet but until he turns his game around... he just has to prove why he was a 1st round pick. Best case scenario is he gets away from being that home town kid with expectations and takes off under AV and his system. If he does then the depth of wingers is that much deeper.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's not like the Rangers always hit their high picks out of the window... i.e., McIlrath.

And while I'm not a scout in the least, if they actually had him ranked as the 6th best forward in this draft, I'd be concerned. He's not a better prospect than: McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Strome, Barzal, Zacha, etc. If you expect him to be that good, of course you are going to be disappointed.

To add to what Gordie Clark actually said about Gropp--that if Barzal hadn't been injured and the two had been on the same line together for the entire year Gropp would have been in the 40's and perhaps would have hit the 50 goal mark. That last number is probably a stretch but Clark went on to say if Gropp's goal numbers had been higher Gropp would have been picked much higher. The Rangers look at Gropp as a guy who likes to shoot and a guy who has the ability to finish. Add to that very good size and very good skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad