Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Continue.

LM4rCeI.jpg

Last edited:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Really due to the uncertainty with the cap next year, combined with the need to re-sign Kreider, Hayes and Yandle, the Rangers should only be targeting UFAs that are looking to sign 1 year deals.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Eric Fehr for 3rd line center anyone?

I'm not big on him. He's been a minus player in the playoffs the past few years. He's been scratched a lot. If we could get him on a short term deal for cheap, he would be an ok depth player.

At this point, I'm almost ok with almost any move that would force us to trade glass.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Has this been the worst UFA pool in recent memory? I can't think of one big name UFA signing. Biggest move was the Kessel trade but he wasn't a UFA.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Has this been the worst UFA pool in recent memory? I can't think of one big name UFA signing. Biggest move was the Kessel trade but he wasn't a UFA.

Guess the league is showing effects of teams locking up their players for long, ridiculous contracts to circumvent the cap.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011

Yeah it's pretty bad. I'm not sure the Rangers can do much more. It would nice if they were able to sign another guy to 1 year contract (Semin?) though. I think they need a little more for the top 6. I'm not confident that Stalberg, Miller, or whoever else can handle top 6 minutes on a regular basis. We'll see though. I hope Miller can break out this year.

Still need to move Klein and Glass.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Anyone think we should take a chance on AK 47. He wants back in the NHL and is willing to take a cap friendly deal. 1 year at 1.5 would be my offer--big winger that could score---3rd line.

All the Semin talk why not.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Anyone think we should take a chance on AK 47. He wants back in the NHL and is willing to take a cap friendly deal. 1 year at 1.5 would be my offer--big winger that could score---3rd line.

All the Semin talk why not.

A 47 year old? And ur gunna give him 1.5... Idc if its Wayne Gretzky or Bobby orr. U don't give someone that when they're trying to come out of retirement

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Yeah don't know what the Rangers would offer that could entice the Blues.

Klein, Miller, 2017 1st?

Move Glass for anything.

Sign Semin to a 1 year deal.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
July 4th. Y no Siomin?

Ok I get it, he was married in 2014.

Last edited:

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Get Shattenkirk and trade Yandle.

Maybe this all goes back to the Nash rumors?

Shattenkirk is signed for 2 years where Yandle only has 1 left.

If Stepan wants more than 6-6.5 trade him.

Fantasy hockey but what would the return be on both Stepan and Yandle.

Doubt the Blues want Stepan seeing how they are looking to get Stastney additional playing time.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
something around nash, klein for Shattenkirk and schwartz

depending at deadline if we have yandle resigning or not we can trade him recoop a 1st and prospect/young roster player.

i think its all bs no way they move shatt, but i would definitely explore nash trade (highest value is now IMO)

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
Get Shattenkirk and trade Yandle.

Maybe this all goes back to the Nash rumors?

Shattenkirk is signed for 2 years where Yandle only has 1 left.

If Stepan wants more than 6-6.5 trade him.

Fantasy hockey but what would the return be on both Stepan and Yandle.

Doubt the Blues want Stepan seeing how they are looking to get Stastney additional playing time.

Maybe I missed it, but what rumors?

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Maybe I missed it, but what rumors?

there were rumors not to long ago STL was looking into trading for Nash along with Det, Wild

and also rumors within the past week Rangers were looking into Shattenkirk as STL was taking calls on him (july 1st i think)..

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
there were rumors not to long ago STL was looking into trading for Nash along with Det, Wild

and also rumors within the past week Rangers were looking into Shattenkirk as STL was taking calls on him (july 1st i think)..

Oh wow, thank you for the heads up.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
something around nash, klein for Shattenkirk and schwartz

depending at deadline if we have yandle resigning or not we can trade him recoop a 1st and prospect/young roster player.

i think its all bs no way they move shatt, but i would definitely explore nash trade (highest value is now IMO)

Yeah don't see STL moving Schwartz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad