GDT: Free Agency Nonsense Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Unless there's a nice trade in the works or we sign Semin I think we're done for the summer with forwards.

Jun 16, 2015
i'm ok with the fact he is gone, my question is who is gonna step up and play his minutes. Kreider?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Here was Chicago's top-2 C's:

You don't need to be putting up Crosby/Thornton numbers to be a #1 center. Toews, who has probably been compared to the ****ing Sun at this point, put up 66 points. Brassard controls the game when he's on the ice, barring some regression, he is absolutely a #1 center right now.

Yeah but Toews is full of grit and intangibles.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The best improvements to the forwards the Rangers can get are all in house. Glass needs to be gone. Period. He serves no ****ing purpose at all here. Lindberg plays a strong defensive game and should fit right in with the team's bottom 6.

Stepan had a horrible year in terms of possession, 2nd worst possession player on the team and he plays a lot of minutes. And he usually plays with one of the team's best possession players in Kreider. Kreider was at 56% CF% away from Stepan and only 47% with him. That's horrible. And Kreider has spent 350 mintues away from Stepan, so it's not a sample size issue. If Stepan were even at 50%, the Rangers would've been a positive possession team. It's very important that he doesn't play like......that.......again.

I know everyone hates this argument but MSL is a skating pile of ****ing useless when he isn't scoring. And when the season went on, my goodness, he was useless. If MSL in the playoffs was what we were supposed to expect from him going forward, then losing him is addition by subtraction. He was that horrible. Stalberg is an upgrade over MSL at pretty much everything except scoring (which is obviously a big deal but you know). Part of why I like the Stalberg signing a lot is that we're taking a possession anchor and replacing him with a very strong driver of possession. I would be so down to experiment with him on Stepan's other wing.

I don't know how many ****ing times I can say it, but I think Miller surprises everybody next year. I'm thinking 50+ points leap forward.

If nothing is being done about the defense, the Rangers forwards are in for a year of shouldering almost the entire load, again. But hopefully they'll be better equipped for it this time.

TurgePurge*

Lupul, Marincin, Freddy the Goat

for

Yandle, Glass

Lupul is the ultimate cap dump but would look nice in the Kreider - Stepan - XXX spot. Marincin is a top 4 d who will play on the third pair for a mil or less. Freddy the Goat plays a year in Hartford and then takes Doms place if Dom isn't resigned. In total adds about 2 mil to the cap this year but saves us going forward due to the non-retaining of yandle.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
and he's wasted there IMO. He's too good to play a bottom 6 role
That's a little preemptive IMO, he just put up 45 as a rookie center, at 23; that is very impressive. I'm always a fan of minimal change in terms of moving forwards around.

for

Yandle, Glass

Lupul is the ultimate cap dump but would look nice in the Kreider - Stepan - XXX spot. Marincin is a top 4 d who will play on the third pair for a mil or less. Freddy the Goat plays a year in Hartford and then takes Doms place if Dom isn't resigned. In total adds about 2 mil to the cap this year but saves us going forward due to the non-retaining of yandle.

k

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

for

Yandle, Glass

CFfj3CAVAAAsROd.jpg

zarao

Oct 6, 2008
No he isn't. If he was on the PP/PK he'd have as much ice time as any of the top 6. The Hags,Hayes,Miller line was one of our best for long stretches.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

for

Yandle, Glass

Don't like Lupul and Marincin isn't anywhere near Yandle. Whoever Freddy the Goat is?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Just get Joffrey Lupul. Toronto is going full rebuild. Loops has no value on the market. His cap # is onerous so gotta hook us up by taking Glass and whatever else is necessary. Guy is a beautician. Leads the NHL in pregame warmup winks.

His caphit is almost 6m a season for 3 more years. Toronto is already retaining on Kessel and you can only retain salary on 2 players at a time, you have to think they want to keep themselves open to retain on Phaneuf should they trade him. If they trade Lupul and retain salary, that means they can't do that for Phaneuf for 3 seasons.

zarao

Oct 6, 2008
That's a little preemptive IMO, he just put up 45 as a rookie center, at 23; that is very impressive. I'm always a fan of minimal change in terms of moving forwards around.

k

If Hayes played on the PP/PK he'd have as much ice time as anyone of the top 6.
The Hags,Hayes,Miller line won us alot of games last year.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
If Hayes played on the PP/PK he'd have as much ice time as anyone of the top 6.
The Hags,Hayes,Miller line won us alot of games last year.

Hagelin-Hayes-Miller played a lot of their games when the Rangers' possession totally fell apart towards the end of the year and graded out very strong in CF%. I would like to see Miller-Hayes-Etem with Miller taking defensive zone draws.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
and he's wasted there IMO. He's too good to play a bottom 6 role

The new NHL is moving away from the traditional lineup of 2 offensive lines in top 6 and 2 grinding lines in bottom 6.

Having Hayes as the 3c allows us to exploit 3rd pair D with an offensive gifted 3rd line. It makes out offense deeper and having 3 strong offensive lines in the past 2 years is one of the biggest keys to our success.

2014 3rd line: Pouliot-Brassard-Zucc

2015 3rd line: Hagelin-Hayes-Miller/MSL

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

for

Yandle, Glass

a) wat

b) Who the **** is Freddy the Goat?

TurgePurge*

I already explained the cap ramifications. We add 2 mil this year but would you rather pay loops 5.2 going forward or Glass and Yandle a combined 8 possibly. Plus we get the 1 mil top 4 dman plus freddy the goat.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I already explained the cap ramifications. We add 2 mil this year but would you rather pay loops 5.2 going forward or Glass and Yandle a combined 8 possibly. Plus we get the 1 mil top 4 dman plus freddy the goat.
Yandle and Glass. Decidedly Yandle and Glass.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

How the **** are we paying glass and yandle 8 mill? PHX is covering half of yandles salary not to mention IIRC yandle only has 1 year left and i believe that's at 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad