GDT: Free Agency Nonsense Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Am I missing anything with Tikhonov?

I see a 27 year old that played on the best team in the KHL and got handily outscored by 19 year old buchnevich

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Am I missing anything with Tikhonov?

I see a 27 year old that played on the best team in the KHL and got handily outscored by 19 year old buchnevich

Nope, not really. He's an okay player. Nothing to get worked up about. Everyone has "their guys" that they want, and when they sign elsewhere we all have to hear about our front office being asleep at the wheel. It's just typical HF babble.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
idk who else is a notable free agent...

Troy Brouwer is on the last year of his contract. Maybe the caps want to move him

We could look to acquire Oshie by trading Klein

Joel Ward?

Jason Pominville?

Shawn Matthias?

I would still take a flyer on Ehrhoff

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Roussel was rumored to be available. Dallas hasn't added a defenseman.

St Louis has a few players rumored to be available.

Trades will start again soon. Teams who miss out on UFA's will start to make deals.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nope, not really. He's an okay player. Nothing to get worked up about. Everyone has "their guys" that they want, and when they sign elsewhere we all have to hear about our front office being asleep at the wheel. It's just typical HF babble.

Agree, Chicago got two Ruskies out of KHL and neither of them are in a class with Tarasenko or even Kuznetsov, and still will need to prove they belong in NHL, let alone be counted on in a significant role. Some of you should remember Tikhonov during his first stint in NHL. He's coming back as a more mature, developed player but uncertainty still exists.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm upset. I thought we got rid of Hagelin for Williams. That is a move that made sense to me.

What we did yesterday... It did not.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Wait was Ola serious about him yesterday? It looked like he was losing his mind over this, I thought he was joking.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Would be pretty surprised if the Rangers made a significant move at this point. Expect them to go to battle with what they have.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Trades will start again soon. Teams who miss out on UFA's will start to make deals.

Could Klein/Fast get you Oshie?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

My thought is perhaps when Boyle's contract is up, and they trade Klein, while giving McIlrath time and giving Diaz a small raise, after which McIlrath can take full time minutes in the 16-17 season...

16-17

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Diaz
Skjei/Yandle-McIlrath

Then you start to manuever guys up and down the lineup. Yandle gets Boyles money in 16-17, at the end of the 17 season you trade Girardi, there is you rcap relief.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Could Klein/Fast get you Oshie?

I wouldn't trade Fast... We'd have to move more picks..

On the other hand, Klein should be a coveted defenseman for a team that is a) Cap strapped by carrying $10M in goalies, and b) had one of the worst GF in the league while having the best offense.

Klein could easily bring that number down for them at almost no cost....

We can give them Glass perhaps?! :D Sell high! he had *such* a good playoffs, no? :sarcasm:

BarbaraAlphanse

Would be pretty surprised if the Rangers made a significant move at this point. Expect them to go to battle with what they have.

Which is so surprising, because they got worse since the end of the playoffs. And it is like they are completely oblivious to it.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Need a defenseman in my opinion. Maybe an offensive guy would be nice

They have a bunch signed already. I know some will end up in the ECHL.

Tarnasky
Chad Nehring[AHL
Gibbons
Megna
Lindblad
R.Bourque
McCarthy
Hrivik
Kantor
Nicholls
St. Croix
Tambellini
Nejezchleb

Summers
Bodie
McIlrath
Hughes
Zamorsky
Noreau
Donnay
Skjei
Andersson
Graves

You figure on D Summers, Bodie, Zamorsky, Skjei, Andersson and Graves will all be given the opportunity to be the main top 6.

McI will hopefully be playing in NY.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

I wish this could be stickied at the top of every thread. :laugh: Very well said.

BarbaraAlphanse

Diaz is a nice depth signing. But without trading a top 6 guy, what the hell does it mean for Mcilrath. The team will just put a former 1st rd pick in a position to fail? Not try and maximize his value?

What about losing a good locker room guy with decent upside. And flipping his cap space into Victor Stalberg and Brian Gibbons? How does that help us get better?

They're remaining status quo. What type of forward thinking is this?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
They have a bunch signed already. I know some will end up in the ECHL.

Tarnasky
Chad Nehring[AHL
Gibbons
Megna
Lindblad
R.Bourque
McCarthy
Hrivik
Kantor
Nicholls
St. Croix
Tambellini
Nejezchleb

Summers
Bodie
McIlrath
Hughes
Zamorsky
Noreau
Donnay
Skjei
Andersson
Graves

You figure on D Summers, Bodie, Zamorsky, Skjei, Andersson and Graves will all be given the opportunity to be the main top 6.

McI will hopefully be playing in NY.

Forgot about Summers. Still a pretty young group. I would think 1 more defenseman will be brought in. If the Rangers lose 1 or 2 and the 'Pack lose 1 or 2, that's almost no defensemen left. Injuries stack down there

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Forgot about Summers. Still a pretty young group. I would think 1 more defenseman will be brought in. If the Rangers lose 1 or 2 and the 'Pack lose 1 or 2, that's almost no defensemen left. Injuries stack down there

Looking at that list they could use another forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad