Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What is this post?

He found his roll at 30 with one of the best teams in the league. Do you think he can do that for the next 3-4 years on a team finding it's way?

Get the puck out, back check, hold onto pucks along the wall, just be big and solid pro

When Ty Boucher didn’t work out you need a guy in that 3rd line RW a for the next 3-4 years until the new regime can draft and developed a player for that position.

If Thomson, JBD and Boucher were just respectable solid NHL citizens who can play 82 games decently this team would be in the playoffs.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Alright. We have vetted him. Put him on the list of guys to look in to for Steve. Who's next? We have work to do to fix this team. Lol.
Here's my list for middle 6/bottom 9 forwards:
- Chandler Stephenson
- Teddy Blueger
- Stefan Noesen
- Jordan Martinook
- Yakov Trenin
- Danton Heinen
- Kasperi Kapanen
- Dakota Joshua
- Alex Wennberg
- Kevin Stenlund
- Connor Brown
- Nick Cousins
- Sam Lafferty
- Ryan Lomberg
- Brandon Duhaime

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
- Chandler Stephenson
- Teddy Blueger
- Stefan Noesen
- Jordan Martinook
- Yakov Trenin
- Danton Heinen
- Kasperi Kapanen
- Dakota Joshua
- Alex Wennberg
- Kevin Stenlund
- Connor Brown
- Nick Cousins
- Sam Lafferty
- Ryan Lomberg
- Brandon Duhaime
Stephenson is interesting. Vegas moves on from players on the regular. He plays on the top 2 lines right? Would he fit with 3rd line minutes? Neat idea. Martinook kind of fits the same thing as Noesen, but he has a A. Could Carolina be in Can Only Keep One sort of situation? Lomberg would be fun, Cousins is a dirtbag. I think Brown's time has passed. You can't just take a whole line from Vancouver, that's just rude! Lol. What about that guy that hits everything on Nashville?

Reactions: NB613 and Ice-Tray

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Get the puck out, back check, hold onto pucks along the wall, just be big and solid pro

When Ty Boucher didn’t work out you need a guy in that 3rd line RW a for the next 3-4 years until the new regime can draft and developed a player for that position.

If Thomson, JBD and Boucher were just respectable solid NHL citizens who can play 82 games decently this team would be in the playoffs.

Big whiffs

- Chandler Stephenson
- Teddy Blueger
- Stefan Noesen
- Jordan Martinook
- Yakov Trenin
- Danton Heinen

- Kasperi Kapanen
- Dakota Joshua
- Alex Wennberg
- Kevin Stenlund
- Connor Brown
- Nick Cousins
- Sam Lafferty
- Ryan Lomberg
- Brandon Duhaime

Ones I'd kick tires on.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
GLo4srdWkAE3-nC

That's Friedman. Pretty much in line with most of my predictions about how important next season is in keeping the core together (Giroux UFA, Brady NMC, etc).

It's crazy to see that Friedman also has Sens' PTSD.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Alright. We have vetted him. Put him on the list of guys to look in to for Steve. Who's next? We have work to do to fix this team. Lol.
To me he may be a fit for the role, but he doesn’t satisfy the solid NHL veteran that we also want to have as an attribute for the addition.

He may be 30, but he isn’t an ‘NHL vet that knows how to win’. We need to see if we can add a few of those.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Stephenson is interesting. Vegas moves on from players on the regular. He plays on the top 2 lines right? Would he fit with 3rd line minutes? Neat idea. Martinook kind of fits the same thing as Noesen, but he has a A. Could Carolina be in Can Only Keep One sort of situation? Lomberg would be fun, Cousins is a dirtbag. I think Brown's time has passed. You can't just take a whole line from Vancouver, that's just rude! Lol. What about that guy that hits everything on Nashville?
Ah yeah Kiefer Sherwood. Thought they extended him but I was wrong. He's worth a look for sure too.

Re Brown he's probably more of a PTO/league min type who could potentially battle for an everyday role. He's picked it up a bit for Edmonton lately, though, so I'll be interested to see if he can chip in during the playoffs. He's still not too far removed from a major injury.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Ah yeah Kiefer Sherwood. Thought they extended him but I was wrong. He's worth a look for sure too.

Re Brown he's probably more of a PTO/league min type who could potentially battle for an everyday role. He's picked it up a bit for Edmonton lately, though, so I'll be interested to see if he can chip in during the playoffs. He's still not too far removed from a major injury.
I was thinking of the wrong guy on Nashville..he is a defenceman. Lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Stephenson would be incredible but he’s going to command a price tag I don’t think we can fit

I was thinking of the wrong guy on Nashville..he is a defenceman. Lol
Lauzon

- Chandler Stephenson
- Teddy Blueger
- Stefan Noesen
- Jordan Martinook
- Yakov Trenin
- Danton Heinen
- Kasperi Kapanen
- Dakota Joshua
- Alex Wennberg
- Kevin Stenlund
- Connor Brown
- Nick Cousins
- Sam Lafferty
- Ryan Lomberg
- Brandon Duhaime
Brown kapanen meh. The rest for sure.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Where do you find players like that????
;)
I mean I think we’re hoping that guys like Kastelic and Ostapchuk are those types of guys, perhaps a bit better.

I really think we need a winning veteran, or someone that has an elite element to their game in some area.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I mean I think we’re hoping that guys like Kastelic and Ostapchuk are those types of guys, perhaps a bit better.

I really think we need a winning veteran, or someone that has an elite element to their game in some area.
We have at least 2 openings at forward and some $$$ since we traded Tarasenko ($5M) and will undoubtedly not re-sign Kubalik ($2.5M) as a UFA. However, we still have to re-sign Pinto (RFA) and we need to acquire a top RD who plays a physical game (a replacement for either Brannstrom (RFA) or JBD who has 1 year left on his contract at $0.805).

I agree we are hoping Kastelic and maybe Ostapchuk can fill the bill on the 4th line with Kelly who is an RFA this summer. We need low salary but effective 3rd & 4th line players if we sign a higher salary $5M UFA forward to replace Tarasenko. We already have MacEwen, Kastelic, and Greig signed for next season at sub $1M salaries. Kelly could be a 4th sub $1M player. I don't want to sign Katchouk; I prefer Kelly.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What would the + be on chych to get Manson?
Last time he was traded was just two years ago, mind you as a UFA, and it cost a 2nd Rd pick to get him with 50% retention.

I get people have sourced on Chychrun, and Manson but is a good fit for what we need but if it's going to cost Chychrun plus we're better off going after a UFA.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I wonder if any deep teams have some good bottom six prospects getting edged out on a numbers game that we could target.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad