GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Starting to think Jarry will hit the market and the offers won't be what he wants. I think he'll be back on a 1 yr $4M deal to bet on himself. I'm not against it given there aren't many truly great bets to make out there. Definitely need to upgrade on DeSmith at that point though
Imagine being okay with bringing back Jarry in 2023, regardless for how much.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
We should obviously temper our expectations but given the cap constraints a lot of teams have, I expect Dubas could get a bargain on a guy that has higher upside.
Doubt that will happen today, but we shall see.

Also on the buyouts, as much as I wanted Granlund gone, that buyout term sucks. Rather see if he can rebound and if not, try to retain and trade later. Dubas didn’t create this terrible problem, so we gotta give him some time to sort it out.

LeBrun is reporting that the Penguins could be an option for Freddy Andersen. Depending on the price I would like that move
I’m down. I’d love to get rid of DeSmith too and grab another Andersen quality guy on a cheaper contract and run a true tandem

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Keeping Granlund and inevitably icing Carter is a guarantee way to not be a legitimate contender. Hextall f***ed us - not much to do about Carter beyond limiting his minutes. For reasons only known to Dubas, not using a buy out means Granlund will be around.
Maybe Dubas finds value in Granlund, maybe he feels he can perform better this coming season, or maybe he trades him.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
We should obviously temper our expectations but given the cap constraints a lot of teams have, I expect Dubas could get a bargain on a guy that has higher upside.
Doubt that will happen today, but we shall see.

Also on the buyouts, as much as I wanted Granlund gone, that buyout term sucks. Rather see if he can rebound and if not, try to retain and trade later. Dubas didn’t create this terrible problem, so we gotta give him some time to sort it out.

I’m down. I’d love to get rid of DeSmith too and grab another Andersen quality guy on a cheaper contract and run a true tandem

Reluctantly agreed on Granlund.

Also agreed on the goalie situation. Neither Jarry nor DeSmith are the right players for this team. Yeah, yeah, you can look at the positive stats but just like James Neal we need to find a better fit for what's needed.

Reactions: Shady Machine

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
i don't want Granlund bought out. I want him shipped to Chicago or Arizona. Give up a mid round pick, who cares, i'm not the GM.

Anyone interested in ROR?

I know he's old and not the greatest skater, but he's good when it counts, and if he'll play 3C, it stabilizes the roster

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
i don't want Granlund bought out. I want him shipped to Chicago or Arizona. Give up a mid round pick, who cares, i'm not the GM.

I know he's old and not the greatest skater, but he's good when it counts, and if he'll play 3C, it stabilizes the roster
Id like him as 3C but a team like Boston will give him more money and a bigger role

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Anyone who watches the Duck, can you shed some light on their RD situation? Would Petry be a fit for them? Maybe something around Gibson for Petry?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It's an exciting time!!!!! I'm getting pretty stoked here, here we go...

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

I would say it depends on the cost. I would love ROR and finally having a stable 3C. I just don’t think I want to pay him $5-$6 million for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad