Free Agency and Trade Thread - Post deadline wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
For sure a forward will be going to address the D, im not 100% sold that Nylander will be that guy though.

I think it'll be one of Kadri, Johnsson or Kapanen.

For me, theres a 0% chance im trading Nylander before Kadri.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Many opportunities passed us by. It is now up to Dubas to sell Nylander as a #2C to a GM who thinks Willie can flourish for them.

He hasn't been bad when he's been at centre, reality is he had terrible wingers to finish in Brown and Marleau more often then not when at centre, on a team like Carolina he might thrive at centre with better wingers.

Reactions: ToneDog

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Being really serious about what it would take to get McDavid...

Start with Matthews, add Nylander, add a top defense prospect, add one of the goalie prospects and a couple of 1st round draft picks. The return is McDavid and cap balancing junk (not Lucic, not head case Kassian).

Still I've got to believe that Edmonton would do whatever McDavid asked to keep him happy in Edmonton.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Being really serious about what it would take to get McDavid...

Start with Matthews, add Nylander, add a top defense prospect, add one of the goalie prospects and a couple of 1st round draft picks. The return is McDavid and cap balancing junk (not Lucic, not head case Kassian).

Still I've got to believe that Edmonton would do whatever McDavid asked to keep him happy in Edmonton.

I mean if we got super hypothetical in terms of a McDavid trade, there is some appeal in sending him to us because he'd probably happily come to Toronto and they're moving him to a different conference.

Cost?

Matthews
Dermott
1st
2nd
Scott

for McDavid and Kassian?

That is a pretty massive payment...I mean we haven't seen a player of McDavid's calbre moved in a long time but even some super talents that have been moved recently haven't fetched nearly as much as we'd expect.

I think it is probably 1-2 years away IF Edmonton continues to flounder.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Matthews
Nylander
Dermott
1st

For McDavid

Johnsson McDavid Kapanen
Hyman Tavares Marner
Moore Kadri Bracco
Insert rest here

Reilly hainsey
Muzzin Zaitsev
Rosen Liljegren

Could pick up a UFA with the extra money saved between
Matthews 11.6. Nylander 6.9
McDavid 12.2

Do it Dubas

Ends McDavid pain

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Matthews
Nylander
Dermott
1st

For McDavid

Johnsson McDavid Kapanen
Hyman Tavares Marner
Moore Kadri Bracco
Insert rest here

Reilly hainsey
Muzzin Zaitsev
Rosen Liljegren

Could pick up a UFA with the extra money saved between
Matthews 11.6. Nylander 6.9
McDavid 12.2

Do it Dubas

Ends McDavid pain

Too much given up for McDavid.

Matthews + 1st. Or pound sand.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I really don't think there is that huge of a gap in Matthews and McDavid. When you take into consideration how much ice McDavid sees compared to Matthews there really isn't that much gap. Both are generational players and I don't buy that it will take much more then Matthews to get a McDavid deal done. All this talk of adding Nylander or a Dermott or even a 1st is really bs.

No team would offer a player better then Matthews in a deal. No team.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I really don't think there is that huge of a gap in Matthews and McDavid. When you take into consideration how much ice McDavid sees compared to Matthews there really isn't that much gap. Both are generational players and I don't buy that it will take much more then Matthews to get a McDavid deal done. All this talk of adding Nylander or a Dermott or even a 1st is really bs.

No team would offer a player better then Matthews in a deal. No team.

Unless McDavid wants out, what makes you think Oilers would even entertain trading him? Would you take Eichel even up for Matthews ?? No ?? What else would it take ??

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Unless McDavid wants out, what makes you think Oilers would even entertain trading him? Would you take Eichel even up for Matthews ?? No ?? What else would it take ??

Though if Matthews came out and said, I want a trade out of Toronto, getting Eichel back would be a return that's hard to beat. Obviously the Oilers aren't trading McDavid, if he isn't asking to be traded. At this point, he isn't asking to be traded.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
What would be realistic targets for a William Nylander trade?

Pesce +

That seems to be the only situation, where there is a RHD with term, and plays the way we need someone to play.

What that plus is???

Maybe Fox

Maybe we add and ask for Kuokkanen + Gauthier

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Pesce +

That seems to be the only situation, where there is a RHD with term, and plays the way we need someone to play.

What that plus is???

Maybe Fox

Maybe we add and ask for Kuokkanen + Gauthier

I don't think I care about Fox that much....McKeown would be an interest add for our 3rd pairing. I think most would consider Pesce+ to be a "loss" for us in a trade because he isn't a sexy name but I like the way he plays and as a fixed cost asset, he's great for that.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't think I care about Fox that much....McKeown would be an interest add for our 3rd pairing. I think most would consider Pesce+ to be a "loss" for us in a trade because he isn't a sexy name but I like the way he plays and as a fixed cost asset, he's great for that.

I don't need to consider it a loss, it is

One tough season with a late start and brutal puck luck and were trading him for that? Your out of your God damn minds

The funny thing is people on here are going to lose there ******* minds as soon as next season when he's our Seguin trade and want the GM fired asap

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I'm still thinking Necas is the only one with enough value to bridge the gap, unless they want to include multiple assets. Necas is a tier above Kuokkanen, McKeown and Gauthier.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't need to consider it a loss, it is

One tough season with a late start and brutal puck luck and were trading him for that? Your out of your God damn minds

The funny thing is people on here are going to lose there ******* minds as soon as next season when he's our Seguin trade and want the GM fired asap

I think we've been saying he's had bad puck luck/poor shooting % for 3 seasons now.

I'm still thinking Necas is the only one with enough value to bridge the gap, unless they want to include multiple assets. Necas is a tier above Kuokkanen, McKeown and Gauthier.

That would be a hell of an add, I don't know if we'd get both without an addition on our side.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I think connor waits to ask out till 22-23 that way he has a full nmc to force which team he gets traded too. if he forces the hand they will get the kessel deal like we did when we had one suitor

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That would be a hell of an add, I don't know if we'd get both without an addition on our side.

I would just tell them take it or leave it, unless the addition on our side is an insignificant prospect. Otherwise, discuss Kadri for Pesce one-for-one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad