NBA Free Agency 2K18

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
KD has proven that he's the ultimate "if you can't beat em, join em" guy. He'll never try to win anywhere else but GS unless it gets to a point where GS don't want him anymore.

He's also proven he's incredibly sensitive and has probably noticed how people shut up about LeBron and super teams after 2016. With other guys it might not matter, but it seems like this would really bother him.

Reactions: Voight

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Garrett Temple opted into his contract with the Kings for next year. He's a decent, versatile player who shot 40% from 3 last year so I'm happy.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Rumour has it Warriors will be contacting DeAndre Jordan? Doubt they’d be able to convince him to take the Midlevel for a year for a chance at a ring, but they have a lot of factors that would help them to do it...

Yea they will reach out to him - NBAPA would hate it IMO, would set a really bad precedent.

Side note - Dirk's player option was declined by the Mavs to create more cap space for DeAndre.

Cousins likely to return to the Pelicans on a 2 year deal or a 1+1 deal, given his serious injury theres been little;e interest in him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
at this point i honestly wouldn't be surprised if PG stays in OKC

funny because he's the one that lakers fans have been fully expecting to sign in LA for well over a year now. but while lebron seems like a slam dunk to sign with the lakers, it's looking more and more like PG could very well re-sign

which would be absolutely hilarious

Reactions: Melrose Munch

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Why? He would have the same chance to win the championship if he went to LA with Lebron.
Same chance? I don't think so. LeBron James >>>>>>> Russell Westbrook. The Lakers also have the ability to trade for a 3rd star. If not, they still have young players to support LeBron/PG. The Thunder have... Steven Adams?

I don't think OKC is very good, nor do I think players can win playing alongside Russell Westbrook.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Same chance? I don't think so. LeBron James >>>>>>> Russell Westbrook. The Lakers also have the ability to trade for a 3rd star. If not, they still have young players to support LeBron/PG. The Thunder have... Steven Adams?

I don't think OKC is very good, nor do I think players can win playing alongside Russell Westbrook.
We also know that Westbrook and PG work together. Do Lebron and PG work together? I mean I'm not saying you're wrong just don't entirely understand the reasoning.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We also know that Westbrook and PG work together. Do Lebron and PG work together? I mean I'm not saying you're wrong just don't entirely understand the reasoning.
Do we know that Westbrook and PG work together, though? How can we say those two work together when they struggled to get OKC to the playoffs and bowed out in the 1st round to Utah?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Do we know that Westbrook and PG work together, though? How can we say those two work together when they struggled to get OKC to the playoffs and bowed out in the 1st round to Utah?
Well they also didn't have much help. If Thunder could sign someone like Avery Bradley to be a lock down defender, get Roberson back and maybe some bench depth, that could be interesting.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well they also didn't have much help. If Thunder could sign someone like Avery Bradley to be a lock down defender, get Roberson back and maybe some bench depth, that could be interesting.
Colour me surprised if that were to actually happen, though, outside of Roberson coming back healthy and even then, he's a complete liability on offense.

I just don't see what George sees in going back to OKC from a pure basketball perspective. The Lakers (with LeBron), and 76ers are both better options. Hell, one could argue Indiana might be a better option moving forward.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Colour me surprised if that were to actually happen, though, outside of Roberson coming back healthy and even then, he's a complete liability on offense.

I just don't see what George sees in going back to OKC from a pure basketball perspective. The Lakers (with LeBron), and 76ers are both better options. Hell, one could argue Indiana might be a better option moving forward.
I do agree 100% about Philly. I just am very skeptical about Lakers even with Lebron because how will him and Ball fit together? How will all those pieces fit together?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I do agree 100% about Philly. I just am very skeptical about Lakers even with Lebron because how will him and Ball fit together? How will all those pieces fit together?
We've seen LeBron will his teams to success, though, regardless of the pieces.

Then again, I'm of the belief that if LeBron does in fact sign with the Lakers, Lonzo Ball is going to be traded. I've felt that way since last summer.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
We've seen LeBron will his teams to success, though, regardless of the pieces.

Then again, I'm of the belief that if LeBron does in fact sign with the Lakers, Lonzo Ball is going to be traded. I've felt that way since last summer.
Can Lebron keep up this year's pace though? This year is really the main year I can think of though that he didn't have a solid to great supporting cast.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Why? He would have the same chance to win the championship if he went to LA with Lebron.

lolwut

in LA he'd be playing with lebron+talented young players like kuzma, ingram, ball, hart, maybe randle

in OKC he'd have westbrook, the corpse of melo, and adams. that's it. OKC has no young talent, no bench, and no 1st round pick next season. they're likely going to lose jerami grant as well. that team is guaranteed to be out of the playoffs by round 2 just like we already saw this past season

to say he'd have the same chance at a title with OKC as he would with the lakers is laughable. and if he does indeed re-sign with OKC it'll show what an absolute idiot he is

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
lolwut

in LA he'd be playing with lebron+talented young players like kuzma, ingram, ball, hart, maybe randle

in OKC he'd have westbrook, the corpse of melo, and adams. that's it. OKC has no young talent, no bench, and no 1st round pick next season. they're likely going to lose jerami grant as well. that team is guaranteed to be out of the playoffs by round 2 just like we already saw this past season

to say he'd have the same chance at a title with OKC as he would with the lakers is laughable. and if he does indeed re-sign with OKC it'll show what an absolute idiot he is
I still don't get how the Lakers are going to keep everyone and add PG and Lebron.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
i forget the exact numbers but it's possible as long as they both take small paycuts
The other thing is that both of them are SF and Ingram is a SF and Kuzma is a PF. So In order for them to fit everyone they have to have Ball 3 SF and a very short C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad